giving up

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Innertube

No community is perfect, but like all communities you get what you give at the end of the day. Seems busier than ever in here.
mister man

Innertube wrote:No community is perfect, but like all communities you get what you give at the end of the day.

i dont know your background, age, circumstances or anything... but tbh that is a very naieve and idiolistic statement, similar to what i would have said before life happened...

i hope those feelings last for you, and that is sincere...
Iron

Mister Man -

Are you saying that the notion that you get what you give is naive?

If so, I must be naive, as I believe it's true (to a point). Sometimes you'll put lots of time and energy into something and get nothing out of it. And sometimes you'll get lucky hit the jackpot despite putting in very little effort. But as a general principle, on the whole, you get out of things what you put in...

Was your conversion away from believing in positive thinking sudden or gradual, and what caused it?

Jeff
mister man

yes jeff im saying you dont get what you give,its a myth...

a child of 10 brings love and happiness to her parents and schoolmates, is a normal child, good n bad but is innocent of wrong doing really, is run over by a drunk driver,dies
drunk, with a history of criminality,no insurance, no tax, is jailed for manslaughter for 10 yrs but is out in 4...

who got what they gave ????

get real jeff
Innertube

Jeez, what on earth has life done to you?
mister man

Innertube wrote:Jeez, what on earth has life done to you?

quite a lot....

like i said its smug on here...

buy hey mr tube..count your blessings and try and be nice even to those you consider idiots...
most of all mature...
Iron

Grave injustices happen, and no amount of positive thinking will change that.

And sometimes you can try and try and still fail due to dumb luck.

But you have a choice. You can spend your life feeling miserable about the suffering and the injustice in the world, or you can take the advice of the Serenity Prayer, ie change what you can, and accept what you cannot. I'm not saying it's easy, but whilst you can't fully control the bad things that could happen to you, you can (to a point) control how you respond to things.

If you're thinking 'This guy must have had an easy life to think like that', whilst it's true that I am very privileged compared to most of the planet (something I need to remind myself of when trivial stuff winds me up), I have my fair share of trials and tribulations, including losing my best friend to suicide a couple of years ago.

Jeff
Photon

The whole religious edifice is predicated on the belief that what one gets is what one deserves and that’s a complete and utter lie. Our lives are governed by completely random and unforeseen acts which we can only attribute to our own intelligence or external forces, depending on the outcome, and I must say, in the hindsight. We are completely ignorant of our own knowledge (or lack thereof) and sphere of influence. We pretend to think we know more than we really do or take pride in the ability to determine things that affects us or around us much more than we really are capable of.
Iron

PS Mister Man - You might like this article by Nick Leeson (seriously) - http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/column- ... =shortlink

Jeff
mister man

i agree with you both jeff and photon, i have to say im right on with photon, but can see jeffs point too, although in my experience it dont work like that jeff,
good luck and peace out in 2012, its a new year,its a new dawn, well maybe.....

happy trading
Iron

Photon - To a point, I agree.

We live in a world that is, to a very large extent, random.

Humans like to think that they know more than they do. It gives them an illusion of control, and removes the pain of uncertainty.

That said, it is possible to take actions that will maximise your chances of success. Indeed, it is through man's desire to use his mind to master his environment that we have gradually moved from caves to today's technological age.

Jeff
CaerMyrddin

I agree with your views Jeff and in a certain way the markets do to.

Sometimes there are opportunities all over the place, sometimes there aren't any and it's not up to you to change this and it makes no sense to put any effort changing this. But it makes perfect sense to put all efforts profiting from the best opportunities.

I understand some forum users may be disapointed that others dont' share their views, but wouldn't you do the same?
Iron

Hi Antonio

I agree.

One of the best trading quotes I've come across is 'Want what the market wants'.

If the market is offering you 1 tick and you try to take 3, you're probably going to get hurt, but I bet that doesn't stop people from trying! :)

Jeff

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”