Automation - Back & Lay Odds 2 Ticks Apart Max

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
annuity

Hi,

This is my first post so please be gentle. Apologies if the answer to my question is obvious and i have missed something.

I am setting up a rule in Guardian and everything is working great apart from one crucial aspect. I need to add a condition so that a bet is placed only when the back and lay odds are a maximum of 2 ticks apart. In other words i want to avoid placing a bet when the odds are miles apart.

Ok so lets say for example i want to place a back bet on the over 2.5 market(row 2). Assuming all other settings are working I tried including a "Relative Odds Condition" as follows:

the selections LAY PRICE(the lay price of over 2.5goals)

is LESS THAN

the price of IN ROW 2(the back price of over 2.5 goals?)

plus 3 TICKS(maximum 2 ticks apart)

Unless i am missunderstanding what the "price of IN ROW 2" part is, the way i read the above is that if the over 2.5 goals lay price is less than 3 ticks above the over 2.5 goals back price then place the bet. But it doesn't work.

Please could someone help me understand what i am doing wrong? What price is the "price of IN ROW 2" part refering to? Is it the back price of whatever it is you are selecting? Can anyone offer any suggestions on how i can get it to work please?

Thanks in advance.
chipping

I would look at the book value conditions. You can set rules for both the back and lay book values to stop you placing bets at times when you don't want.
annuity

Many thanks chipping i didn't consider that condition so hopefully that does the trick. Beats my idea of adding a million and one fixed odds rules 2 ticks apart!
kevinstaight

Hi,

I have read through this post and would like to be able to place a lay bet only if the price is close to the 2nd Fav in any event, say within 10 ticks. I can get this to work the opposite way round where I can place a Back bet if the odds are greater then 10 ticks apart. Guardian just fires the bet on every event when trying to do the lay bet within x ticks. Its probably P.I.C.N.I.C (problem in chair not in computer) but could really do with some help with the settings.

Many thanks in advance

Kev

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”