Rule that applies to specific row (betfair order)

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
ChrisQB8

Dear Betangel Team,

I would like to set up a rule that places a back bet which applies to a specific row (betfair order). My concern now is that the order might (and will) change over the course of the day (due to non-runners, favouritism) and then I would back the wrong horse.

E.g. I would like to back "Midnight Chase", which is in row 5 at 10am in the morning. I set up the rule and then notice that the horse previously in row 2 is declared as a NR. "Midnight Chase" will now be in row 4 and I would then back the "wrong" horse in row 5.

I know I could just apply the rule to the selection name (in this case "Midnight Chase"), but I sometimes back up to 50 horses a day and then I would manually edit the rule for every horse.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this problem?

Your answers are mucg appreciated!
Chris
brunty122

I’m having a similar problem to this??

Anyone any ideas?

Is there maybe a way to back a horse by the horse number?

Thanks
Dallas

Add a 'Fix market selection Order' rule, the order of position by favouritism and Betfair row index is fixed from the point the rule is triggered onwards.
brunty122

Brilliant! Thanks mate
brunty122

Just thought........do I need to do anything with the “rearming” ?
Dallas

Only if you want to refix the order at a later time, if not then just one trigger will do
brunty122

I’ve just left it as it is... (triggers 1 time and waits 5 seconds before rearming)

Does this mean it will trigger every 5 seconds though?

So if there is a non runner I will essentially have the same problem as it’s updating every 5 seconds ahaha?

Or am I okay leaving it like this and it will just lock the order from the moment it first trigger?

Thanks
Dallas

brunty122 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:55 pm
I’ve just left it as it is... (triggers 1 time and waits 5 seconds before rearming)

Does this mean it will trigger every 5 seconds though?

So if there is a non runner I will essentially have the same problem as it’s updating every 5 seconds ahaha?

Or am I okay leaving it like this and it will just lock the order from the moment it first trigger?

Thanks
No, the re-arm time just means the rule is armed and ready to trigger again but can't if the number of triggers has already been reached, so the rearm only comes into effect if you have a rule set to trigger more than once so it will just lock the order the first time it triggers.
brunty122

Ohhhhh okay I get it.....appreciate the quick response

Brilliant, cheers mate!!

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”