Triggering the field

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
shmalds

Hi all
Was just wondering weather it was possible to lay the field to be triggered an hour before the event start time so they go on top of the lay bets and then re trigger every 15 mins to keep unmatched bets on top to a manually set maximum
mugsgame

Any automated sheet that lays the field is very dangerous. A withdrawn runner could amass huge potential losses due to the reduction factor.
pdupre1961

mugsgame wrote:Any automated sheet that lays the field is very dangerous. A withdrawn runner could amass huge potential losses due to the reduction factor.
Hi MG,

Interesting comment, please can you explain how the reduction factor works. For instance if two horses are withdrawn are the reduction factors added or multiplied or something else.

Thanks
Euler

The reduction factor does not apply to horses at 40 or more. (2.5% of the market).

Say a couple at that price are pulled, the market will adjust to take that into account.

If you have a bot firing at <100% if will get filled for it's bank. Then Betfair will adjust in arrears and your account will be empty at best and at worst you will have a massive negative liability.
mugsgame

The horses most WD are the bigger priced horses, they are a big price for a reason.
pdupre1961

Euler wrote:The reduction factor does not apply to horses at 40 or more. (2.5% of the market).

Say a couple at that price are pulled, the market will adjust to take that into account.

If you have a bot firing at <100% if will get filled for it's bank. Then Betfair will adjust in arrears and your account will be empty at best and at worst you will have a massive negative liability.
So lay the field is a definite no no then.
shmalds

Hi,

Thanks for your concern.

However its not a horse system. The markets I need it for are not generally not effected by reduction. At least not to the point that huge losses are a result.

Lets assume it was for correct score for eg.

What i need is an automated system that has

-manually set odds limits for laying entire field.

-triggered by time before off.

- unmatched bets to re-trigger at set time intervals to place them in front of next best lay as long as the odds are still below the max limit, if not to place the max odds instead.

- a max liability stop on both individual bets and overall market (i realize this is the same, but cant hurt having a double stop)

Im fairly sure its achievable via excel.

Are there experts that i can hire to write a custom excel sheet of this description??

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”