I'm having a serious mental block!

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
LeTiss

I'm trying out a few automation ideas today. I have an excel sheet that I used often for throwing laying bots into the market, but only when there are no gaps between the back and lay price, i.e. just a 1 tick increment
I'm trying to do the same on BA Automation, but am struggling to see how it's done. It appears that if I put 'Place Lay Bet' on general tab, it's not possible on conditions to compare the back and lay price on a given selection.

Is this true, or am being a bit stupid today?
Euler

You probably want to use the 'relative odds condition'.

You can them compare the price you are backing or laying at with another price.
PeterLe

Hi LeTiss
Sorry I dont know the answer to your question; but just wondered why you dont use excel rather than the rules as its much easier to customise??

regards
Peter
LeTiss

Thanks for the responses

PeterLe, the reason why I'm trying to move from Excel to automation is because I look for sporting opportunities, not racing. So, I tend to load up 50-100 markets and once you reach that stage Excel becomes very hit & miss. It's probably due to the capabilities of my laptop, but automation is brilliant because it sifts through every market in Guardian with absolute consistency, however that's not the case with Excel. Excel seems to miss markets, or not update them for 5mins etc
PeterLe

Ah i see what you mean now. I have had similar problems to what you mention when lots of markets loaded (esp on a half meg VPS)
Good luck!
Regards
Peter
LeTiss

Euler wrote:You probably want to use the 'relative odds condition'.

You can them compare the price you are backing or laying at with another price.
That's not what I'm looking for PW

I was asking if it was possible, to set automation to place a lay bet, but only by comparing 2 prices on that 1 selection, not comparing it with other selections
switesh

So, I tend to load up 50-100 markets and once you reach that stage Excel becomes very hit & miss. It's probably due to the capabilities of my laptop, but automation is brilliant because it sifts through every market in Guardian with absolute consistency, however that's not the case with Excel. Excel seems to miss markets, or not update them for 5mins etc
I use a gaming laptop (Quad Core, 16GB RAM and so on) but you're absolutely right - once you load more than a dozen markets in excel connected via guardian it does tend to skip a few markets and the refresh/update cycle falls slightly out of sync. I only do this for capturing data at the moment and do not find it a big hassle but I see your point - deploying any strategy using excel would be less reliable.

Have you sent an email to BA Support. Actually, I might just do that right now.

Regards,
Switesh
Euler

The relative price condition can be compared to any selection, so you can compare it to the selection on which the condition is about to place a lay. You can nominate whether the price (back or lay) is plus or minus x ticks.
LeTiss

haha I'm sorry mate, but that seems to be escaping me

When you go to relative odds condition, you can compare the lay odds of selections, but not to compare the back and lay price on just 1 selection
Euler

I was thinking you could say 'place a lay bet' with the condition that the back odds are one tick away from where you want. Or are you saying you don't know the odds at which it will fire?
LeTiss

Euler wrote:I was thinking you could say 'place a lay bet' with the condition that the back odds are one tick away from where you want. Or are you saying you don't know the odds at which it will fire?
For example, I wanted to fire a lay bet below odds of 1.21, but only when there were no gaps in the market. So, if the back odds were 1.15 and lay 1.16, then fire the bet, but not if there was a gap.
Euler

Remind me next week out this. I'm back in the office from mid week and will take another look at this for you.
GranpaChook

I'd like to know this as well. The best idea I could come up with is to use the book % condition but that's far from ideal as in markets with a lot of selections (correct score for example) you often get large book % but the selection you're wanting to automate may fit the criteria of having the back/lay prices only 1 tick apart.

The relative odds condition doesn't seem able to do it either.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”