Too many Guardian-markets?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
JDTrader

Hi,

In my Guardian I load UK horses, UK greyhound, IRE horses and US horses. Win and Place for all of them.

That usually means about 300-400 markets or so per day. Under "Advanced Settings" I have a restriction on refresh so I only refresh markets a certain number of minutes before and after the start time. I have a Refresh Interval of "1 second". Typically I have about 4-5 races being updated at the same time (all connected to different Excel-sheets).

Betangel now correctly updates these 4-5 markets, one market per second, but when it has done all 5 markets it takes about 5-10 seconds before it starts over with the 1st one. Why is that? I have some kind of suspicioun that this is becuase Guardian has to see if any of the other 300 markets is "within my refresh restriction". Could that be the case?

It doesn't help if I lower the Refresh Interval to 200m seconds...it still takes 5-10 seconds before it starts over. The only thing that helps is if I remove a big chunk of the remain races (which are not in the "refresh restriction interval").

Does anyone know what could be the problem or it this is just how they've built Betangel?

Thanks
legendz

hi , if your using that many markets you could try running 2 lots of bet angel, i run 2 ok on a quad core , but you need to adjust the calls to betfair so you dont get charged. i some times automate from my laptop and trade from the pc. not sure if it was built to take 500 markets , personally that many would box my head in. try Peter but i think he's away till Wednesday or email support.
Boing

I imagine is still has to check the other markets to see if they are in the restricted refresh zone?
JDTrader

Hi again,

thank you both for your responses. The thing is - I used to run 6 instances of Betangel to monitor my markets. This uses a lot of CPU so to reduce this I moved most of them into one Excel and then only had to operate 3 instances of Betangel. However - then this problem occured.

I guess I will have to go back to the 6 instances :). Perhaps get another computer and run 3 instances on each one...

Unless BetAngel can find a way to not have to run through ALL markets in Guardian even if you restrict the refreshing to x minutes before event start!

Josef

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”