Inplay automation - stop loss

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
rich26d3

Hi guys,
my first post here, a newbie still learning.
I read on a site where you could create Backing triggers at certain odds for the inplay, then when the odds do hit to click to green up. So, I went into Guardian and created this in the automation which actually worked. Ive done this a few times on practise mode, and also in real live mode.
However the inplay is so erratic, sometimes the odds go into green, and in a split second they jump out to a red where i would end up losing a bit of money (if i click in time I can red up and only lose pence)if im lucky.
I was just wondering if anybody knows of a way to put a stop loss feature in the command after the back bet has been triggered, so if the trigger is at 2 for example the stop loss feature would be a tick above it at say 2.2, so if it hits 2.0 and jumps straight back out the stop loss would automatically red up and i would lose a very small amount.This would be a lot quicker then my hand reactions. And if it starts to green nicely I can green up manually like i normally do.
Probably a dumb question, so i apologise in advance.

Cheers
haichless

slightly not understanding, back at 2 and 2.2 is one tick above.
Thats 10 ticks up isnt it?
rich26d3

Hi
Sorry I meant one above the 2
On the ladder it goes 2, 2.2 etc
So I'd like the back bet to trigger at 2 and a stop loss at 2.2 or close
to that giving me the chance to green up or make a small loss

Thanks
PeterLe

Rich
Be careful greening up in play (if in live mode).The odds move so fast, by the time you click, the odds can have moved significantly.
Also check the maximum liability in the staking tab on the bet Angel Settings to limit your risk
regards
Peter
Euler

Using a stop inplay isn't a great idea. The inplay delay applied to bets mean that the stop triggers on one refresh but by the time the order actually reaches the market it's unlikely those odds will still be available and will have moved far beyond your closing position.
rich26d3

hey guys

thanks for your fast responses.
Yes Ive noticed it is very fast.
Regarding the inplay I found this all out when i was looking into the inplay on a google search which lead me to a site where a guy from racing traders had been doing a simlair thing (without the stop loss) (he was using the evoloution pro trader, which i dont have). So like i say it was going ok (ish) in real time, I just thought there may be a way of minimising any potential losses thats all as the market moves so fast.
Anyhow, thanks for your info guys, appreciate it

Rich

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”