Gaurdian all day trading settings.

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
SportyJim1979

Hello,

I've created an Excel spreadsheet to trade football matches throughout the day. Too early to say if this shall be profitable over a long period. But so far so good.

The only problem im facing is once the markets are on Gaurdian they cycle through regardless of when the market goes In-Play.

Do you know if it is possbile for Gaurdian to only "look" at markets that are In-Play? Without cycling through the other markets.

If I were to load up 20 matches and only the first one was In-Play then, even on 200 millisecond refresh it would only look at the market every 4 seconds and as a result the spreadsheet does not work as efficiently. I.E. missing bets, places multiple bets.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

If only one market at a time is going to be in-play then load up the spreadsheet using the Excel tab in the main application rather than via Guardian.

Then just use Guardian to switch automatically to the markets a set time before the off.

This way the current market in the main application will automatically load into the spreadsheet.

Or you could use the restricted refresh setting in Guardain and restrict it to markets starting within a certain time window.

See the advanced settings section here - http://www.betangel.com/user-guide/spre ... dling.html
SportyJim1979

Thanks 6th Sense - I didn't know that was possible.

I shall have a read through it.
nagyz

hi, i do exactly this as suggested:
"Advanced Settings"-> Restrict refresh from 500 (before off) to 7200 (after off). Anything larger will of course also work.
I have football markets running like this all-day long.

good luck!
SportyJim1979

Thanks Nagyz,

Do you incur many data charges in this way? I've read all the small print on this and it still doesn't make much sense :? So far i've not been charged but I've yet to trade to full capacity... I.E. 10+ games @ once.
nagyz

Nope, not at all, but I haven't investigated this further. I update each sheet only every 1-2seconds though, so maybe it's not so critical.
Cheers!
raf

I have 15+ spreadsheet pages setup to bet on events through the day using Guardian but each page is very slow updating so I need to restrict the refresh rate on markets that aren't in-play but when doing this I can't automatically bind a specific event to a specific sheet (I have different criteria for different events) as with restrict refresh ticked it doesn't allow it and it automatically binds the next event to the first sheet which is useless to me.

Is there a way around this?
raf

I think I've worked it out, don't tick the auto clear bindings, I'll test it out later to check that works ok with my setup.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”