Data Calls

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
THENUTS

Hi,

If i link to a speadsheet and run on full automation for the racing in one location ( ie at work ), leave it running and then go home , can i open bet angel at home and it will still keep me at 17 data calls per second ( which is what i have it set to ) even though i have 2 versions running or do i risk going over the 20 allowed before charges are applied because the second version at home will not be able to link to the version at work ?
WinLoseWinWin

I think so. Someone more experienced will be able to answer that question, but another option for you could be to only use Bet Angel on your home computer and use something like the free version of LogMeIn (logmein.com) which would enable you to access your home computer from work.
JollyGreen

It really will depend on your definition of having two copies running. If you leave work, go home and start that PC you will probably be okay provided the work PC has done its business and is basically lying dormant or only monitoring markets without placing orders. If however you are duplicating things at home and work then YES you will exceed the allowed number of data calls.

As WinLoseWinWin suggested you can use Logmein or Teamviewer to close down the PC which you are not currently using.

HTH

JG
Last edited by JollyGreen on Fri May 03, 2013 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
THENUTS

thanks guys. I was not clear. I will be running racing from work on auto then going home and trading say the snooker whilst the racing is still on.

Jolly Green - you have answered my question so thanks.

i will also have a look at log me in but will that not cause quite a lag in time with remote access ?

thanks for the responses
PeterLe

HI
Just be very careful; I once ran up £600 in one day
Although I only appeared to have one BA instance running, there was a 'ghost' one in the process list
Betfair (BDP) let me off on for the mistake (Blimey, not sure that would happen these days!)
Regards
Peter
THENUTS

thanks Peter - i will be avoiding going over 20 per sec at all costs.
LinusP

I think this has been asked before and sixthsense said that as long as you are below 20 data calls you are ok. Therefore you can set both at 10 or 5 and 15, they just need to be below 20 in total.
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

It's worth noting that setting the max calls to exactly 20 may still incur charges as Betfair's data counting system will not be looking at the same period of time as your computer.

See here - http://www.betangel.com/knowledge-base/ ... ge-charges
corbus

Hi Thenuts,
it looks to me like yours is a classic case to consider using the VPS (virtual server) which allows you to use the same working environment on whichever computer you want, running 24 hours if you like, accessible from work, home, tablet etc.. and it's really easy to organize yourself like that...

cheers
Ennio
corbus

does anybody know how to increase the number of data calls one is allowed? Is there a subscription possibility offered by Betfair? If yes, how much would it cost?
I setup a system to handle up to 100 soccer matches simultaneously, which, from guardian will flow into a spreadsheet with as many tabs and everything is fine... but then the refresh rate gets down to 4-5 minutes, which is of course not good. I don't need the speed that's wanted for horse race scalping, but I do need a decent refresh say every 5-10 secs.
Any ideas?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”