Unmatched bets line in Bet Angel - question

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
kelpie

Gents

Can anyone help? I want to position an unmateched bet in the One-click pane for a back bet BELOW the current back market.

The context is steamers at Roland Garros 2013, which I want to back when they come into 5.0, but not before. If I try to position in when they're around 10.0 then Bet Angel defaults to buy on the biggest odds.

Merci bucket in advance
rogerlisa

Hello

Set an automation up in guardian to trigger at 5.0. This means it will only trigger when the price hits what you want.

Roger
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

kelpie wrote:If I try to position in when they're around 10.0 then Bet Angel defaults to buy on the biggest odds.
It's worth understanding this is normal behaviour of the exchange. It is not Bet Angel that is doing this.

Imagine you go into a bookies and want to back dobbin in the 3pm at 5/1 but they are offering 10/1 then you will probably want the better odds. Betfair presume this is the case with all bets. So if you ask for a BACK bet at small odds but bigger odds are available then you will get matched at the better odds.

Vice-versa with LAY bets.

Imagine the uproar if they started matching bets at worse prices than they have available.
kelpie

Thanks Roger and Sense Of The 6th

Yup, automation is a possible, but find it's so-so. Not sure how your experience goes, but the main glaitch with automation is this often triggers an unmatched bet as the market whistles by. But on the other hand if you have an unmatched bet showing on the One-click screen it gets matched every time - eg, offset lay position

These unmatched back positions at lower odds must exist on the betfair side, I presume anyway because you can see them in the ladder view. eg, the end-of-race scalpers at 1.01. So how do (can?) we place them in Bet Angel??
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

kelpie wrote:These unmatched back positions at lower odds must exist on the betfair side, I presume anyway because you can see them in the ladder view. eg, the end-of-race scalpers at 1.01. So how do (can?) we place them in Bet Angel??
These are not BACK bets. These are unmatched LAY bets that have been placed at better than market prices.

You will also see unmatched BACK bets at the larger prices. Going back to dobbin at 10/1. If I walk into the bookies and demand 20/1 they will not accept the bet. It will remain, in effect, unmatched. However, Betfair keep this kind of request on their system.

Betfair allow you to ask for better than available prices. These will sit in the market unmatched.
kelpie

6thSense > thank you. Appreciate

however, I still don't understand how I can use Bet Angel to place an order at a set price that shows on One-click BEFORE the market comes to that price point.

The steamers at Roland garros really bring this home - good positions jump in from 6.0 to like 3.zip... there must be a way to book an order at 5.0 beforehand!! Or maybe not...!?
bobalski

Kelpie, I'm certainly no expert in the software, far from it actually, but it appears you need to use automation to place a bet when a LTP condition is met.

In your example, automate a bet to be placed in the market @5.0 when the LTP = 5.1 or something along those lines.

I'm sure one of the resident experts can confirm.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”