How to place bets into betfair at Betfair SP ?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
tfprich

Morning all,

Just a quick question which I am sure has an easy answer.

I use Guardian to set up all the markets I want to trade each morning.

However I am also looking at another system, where rather than take the price I would like to take Betfair SP on bets across 3 / 4 horses in a race.

Do I need to set up an excel spreadsheet to do this ? or is there a simpler way of doing it through Guardian that I am missing ?

It is easy enough through the Betfair platform as you can simply check the Betfair Starting Price (SP) box and then place your bets and they are held until the markets go live.

Just wondered if there was a way to automate this or do it through Bet Angel / Guardian.

Regards,

Rich
LinusP

You could place bets at 1000 on the horses you want to bet on then have a rule that "takes SP on unmatched bets"
Javi1972

LinusP wrote:You could place bets at 1000 on the horses you want to bet on then have a rule that "takes SP on unmatched bets"
I'm not sure if that works. In Practice mode it takes the SP for unmatched bets, but when I tested in Live mode it didn't work, there weren't matched bets. I can confirm that for older versions of Betangel.

Kind regards,
gazuty

Are you wanting to get lay bets or back bets matched at sp?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”