2nd new rule or condtion (not sure if possible)

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
to75ne

would it be possible to have a rule or condition that looks at excel then acts according to cell info for example; if excel sheet 2 cell d14 = NO then place back bet, or green up, cancel all etc.
LinusP

Yes thats very easy using IF commands..

http://www.betangel.com/user-guide/micr ... t=MjI2MA==
to75ne

no its not what i mean.

i wish to keep excel solely monitoring a market, and then deriving various numbers from the info that as been collected and monitored.

i do not wish excel to fire or manage any trades at all, i want that be to be handled by Bet Angel - hence why i would like a rule or condition that can look into excel preferably any sheet and cell on the ba spreadsheet, and then place a trade and or manage a trade or trades. depending on the condition/info contained in a given cell.

hope above makes sense
LinusP

I might be wrong but I am fairly sure that is not possible. Why not use the excel automation? It would be easy to set up and can work alongside normal betting and bet angel automation if setup correctly.
to75ne

LinusP wrote: that is not possible. Why not use the excel automation? .
my excel sheet currently can do what i wish it to do but, there is quite a lot of code etc. it would seem to be approaching a limit in its performance.

as i sort of inferred various triggers are fired from numbers that the sheet derives from info gathered from ba.

if there was a automation rule/condition that would enable ba to "read" direct from excel, i could get rid of half the code in the sheet, all the stuff that places/closes trades etc, resets the various cells to enable another trade to fire, timings etc. all that code and formulas gone. therefore a more efficient sheet, and less strain on my pc.

the only other way i suppose get a different machine with a lot more guts.
bakujohnd

Can someone PLEASE respond to this issue. Yes automation can do all these things via excel, but in practice the interface between BA and Excel is VERY slow, so race is over before BA can place a bet. I have a reasonably powerful machine but Windows Task Manager shows my CPU working at 100% !!!! performing normal Automation tasks. Expressed in simple terms BA is NOT designed for In-Play betting. 90% of the users are "Traders" who "Scalp" a percentage here and there and eventually make £345,000 per annum with minimum risk. No complaint there but not for me. Do not ask me why, and do not suggest I find another programme. BA is slightly "elitist" and "condecending" when anyone asks for a non-trading response. Simply request is INTERFACE Excel cell to Automation rules and we are in the money. I have a "sure fire" way of making 100 times the "Trading" profit but BA is not capable of placing the bets when excel is involved. Is there a way to switch of Guardian OFF while the race is in progress, thereby dedicating the CPU to a single task at the crucial time.
isk No
bakujohnd

Hello again
Sorry I should have stated, I LAY the Favourite in EVERY race (with an escape Master plan with 100 yrds to go, of course). This involves a mimimum of 20 races per day (20 sheets on BA Multiple sheet). Hence the drag on the CPU, it is looking at 20 complex excel sheets. Yes I have tried a single sheet but as has been pointed out a million times before the "Status" cell does not clear for the next race so "Binding" is not a solution. Also I really needed to use a minimum of three sheets due to "Race Time Over Run". As an aside the previously stated problem of "firing muliple bets" into the market is a red herring if the "Clear" status cell was related to the event ID
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

If you are using Excel in this way on sequential races then you are better advised loading Excel via the main Excel tab. Load the markets into Guardian and have Guardian automatically switch markets five or ten mins before the start. This will meant the active market is loaded into the Excel sheet connected via the main application. Restrict the Guardian refresh also.

If a race over-runs then I would include code that handles this and clears the market anyway.

There are other threads that discuss clearing the status cell but this is possible using auto-bound sheets or not.

The interface between Excel and Bet Angel is very fast with the active market loaded into Bet Angel.

I'm fairly sure Excel can do everything you want in this thread. There is no need for an Excel/Automation crossover. Some kind of Excel/Automation hybrid sounds like a recipe for disaster to be honest.
LinusP

I completely agree with the above, if you have excel connected to the bet angel page it is easily quick enough for in-play.
to75ne

6thSense wrote:
I'm fairly sure Excel can do everything you want in this thread. There is no need for an Excel/Automation crossover. Some kind of Excel/Automation hybrid sounds like a recipe for disaster to be honest.
i know excel can do everything that i want, it does. but as i said, i would prefer ba automation to place trades and manage them etc, from triggers "created" in excel.

ba automation is far better (seems to me) placing bets etc than excel. if there was a rule/condition that ba automation could look for a trigger in excel i could( and others too), get rid of a load of vba that for instance clears status cells to enable more trades to fire etc, plus a load of formulas etc, thereby making excel run better and more efficiently (less memory used by excel).

also it is far easier and quicker to work through automation rules to find a problem (assuming you get one), then going through a load of arcane vba and a bunch of formulas.

ba automation is far superior at placing and managing trades than excel (my opinion), which in comparison is lame. seems silly to me to be unable to exploit this by using ba automation to manage and place trades from excel's marvelous ability to monitor and derive information from markets.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”