VBA Development

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
MalcolmSm1th

Two questions, if I may.

1. Does one need to use the Excel sheets to do the VBA development or can one just access BetAngel as it if it were a COM server directly from another application?

2. Does one have to have the Betfair version to do the automation or can one do this with the Betdaq version?
EyePeaSea

Hi Malcolm,
MalcolmSm1th wrote:1. Does one need to use the Excel sheets to do the VBA development or can one just access BetAngel as it if it were a COM server directly from another application?
I don't believe that BetAngel provides a COM interface, so the only way to automate the analysis is either with the internal rules or VBA in the spreadsheet. If someone wants to say that you can retrieve data directly from BA then I'll be very interested!
:P

MalcolmSm1th wrote:2. Does one have to have the Betfair version to do the automation or can one do this with the Betdaq version?
If I understand you correctly, then any VBA code you wrote for BetAngel will work for the BetDaq spreadsheet as well. The format of the data is almost identical.

Regards

Ian
MalcolmSm1th

Thanks for this. I will then experiment with the Betdaq version and then see how I can get BetAngel automated.

I was hoping for a direct COM interface rather than have to use Excel as a COM server and then rely on BA to talk to Excel.

But it may be good for my purposes, I am sure.

Again, thanks.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”