What is the difference between BA automation and Excel

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
steven1976

Hi
Ive never used automation or excel and wondering what is the main difference between BA built in automation and excel? Im presuming the complexity of excel can do much more complex things such as if the price has moved xxx amount of ticks in the past xxx seconds... etc... where as the automation is a little bit simpler. Is this correct?

Im not looking to do anything complex but just wondering if there are any down sides to the built in automation over excel.

Sorry if its been discussed before, I don't usually read in this thread.
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Guardian automation has a limited number of pre-defined 'Rules' and conditions.

With Excel there are no rules or conditions and you have to create your own from scratch.

For this reason Excel is much more powerful and flexible and you could just about create any number of complex or simple rules and conditions.

All you needs is Microsoft Excel installed, a knowledge of Excel formulas and workings and maybe buy a book on Excel VBA.
steven1976

I know how to add cell A & cell b and colour it in yellow! Not sure that would be enough. :o

It really scares me excel with all the talk of macros and things. I don't think I could ever get my head around it.

I think Automation should be able to do what I want.

Thanks for the reply 6th Sense.
steven1976

Just a couple of questions.
Can I offer at the last traded price in Automation?
Is it possible to distinguish if the under dog takes a lead in a two team sport and then place trades based on that?

Thx
Ste

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”