Automated bot trading on horse racing,Move with market poss?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
mindiawl

Hi, I put together the automated bot trader for horse racing yesterday as per this video of peters below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_JhGo-nU3M

It works great, however I have 2 questions on it please.

1: Can I add something in to the rule so that it does not just back to lay, as i want it sometimes to lay to back, all this depending on the last directional move for this horse in the market? So if its just gone up a tick then the bot reads this and places a lay to back as the next tick will probably also go that way, and vice versa.

2: I have set up the above bot on horse 1 as per video and have also set up another identical rule on horse 2, so the bot fires away automatically on both horses, brilliant. However it wont fire up on the other horse till the back lay has finished on 1 horse.

Example:So if horse 1 is back to lay and so is horse 2, the bot fires up initially a back on both and if taken then a lay on both.

Now here is the problem, when it fires a back on both and the back on horse 1 gets taken then it also places the lay for horse 1, and if that gets taken it wont fire up another back for horse 1 till the back and lay has finished on horse 2, and vice versa.

How can I change this so that if horse 1 back and lay has completed then the bot fires up another back for horse 1 regardless to the fact that the back or lay for horse 2 has not yet been taken?

Hope this makes sense, Thanks in advance for the reply.

Meurig.
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

1 - Automation cannot read the direction of the price so there is no condition you can set that says 'If price is going up (or down)'

2 - It sounds like you are using some kind of number of unmatched bets condition. You could adjust this to suit.

I recommend you consider using Excel. This would enable you to record the previous price movements and use logic to detect the price direction. Excel is great for when automation requirements become complex or need something the pre-defined conditions do not offer.
mindiawl

Ok thanks for the advice.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”