Automating a lay bet above SP

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
NeilSpence

Hi all,
New to the forum and have just got my download of Betangel. I am trying to create an automation that will allow me to lay a horse in running at say £3 above it's starting price. It doesn't have to be exactly £3 though, just somewhere around that. I have read all the posts and have also been unable to find a "stop entry" type position. Although I could be wrong, if I just put a higher lay price without it being triggered by a certain price it will just enter the market instantly once the time is hit.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

You would need to use Excel to do this.

The actual SP is fed to the spreadsheet and can be viewed by selecting to show this data in the settings editor.

See here - http://www.betangel.com/user-guide/excel.html

It would then be a simple matter of using the IF condition to compare current in-running price with the SP and trigger a bet.
NeilSpence

Thanks for your reply 6th sense. I was hoping you wouldn't say that. Those spread sheets look massively complicated and I cant get my head around them at all yet. Is there a copy of one in the archives somewhere that is pretty close to what I need or do I need to mastermind my own do you think?
Euler

Why not place a bet at post time at the current odds plus some and then keep the bet, you achieve exactly the same thing?
Euler

But if you place a lay bet above SP then it will get match at what ever price is at or below it at that point. Not sure what you are actually trying to do TBH?
NeilSpence

When I was using racing trader it allowed me to put a stop entry to say that if the price hit £10 then I could put in a lay bet. I am effectively waiting till the market thinks the horse cant win and then lay it.

Does that make it easy to create something. I can do what you have suggested in Racing trader(Evolution) but want to look to automate it.
Thanks
Euler

So price starts at 6.00 it drifts in running to 10 and you lay it at say 12?
NeilSpence

Yep that sounds about right
Rinoa

Use the fixed odds condition and stipulate that the lay price must be greater than x. That should work.
NeilSpence

I think I looked at that but due to my rookie state I was unable to lay all the horses in turn once the conditions were met. I will relook at that to see if I can automate each horse in the race.
To add a small complication I don't really want to be laying anything above 15 or so, and will have to try to include that in the conditions. I will relook there thanks.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”