Simple rule on Guardian ?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
skorpula

Hi,I am new here. So,I need some help.
I want to make simple setting on Guardian, but have some problem.
I want to back "in play" any horse that reach odds 1,50. Any horse, not 1st or 2nd favorit, not horse by name. Any horse that reach 1,50. And only that horse.
If I take rule : back all selections, then all horses will be backed in time when just one of them reach 1,50.
Am I doing something wrong ? Can someone help me ?
Thanks!
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

1 - Add market to Guardian
2 - Select market
3 - Click on Automation tab
4 - Click on 'Create new rules file for selected market'
5 - Give the rule a name and select 'Place Back Bet' from the rules type drop down
6 - Set rule trigger times to be 'Relative to in-play time'
7 - Allow rule to trigger as many times as you feel is necessary for your strategy
8 - Apply to selection in position 1 (sorted in order of favouritism).
9 - Set stake
10 - Set 'Fixed Odds Condition' and set to current selection back price is less than 1.50

This will back the first runner to hit 1.50. We are presuming here that as it is priced at 1.50 it is the price favourite at that time.

However, a price of 1.50 in running does not necessarily mean it will be the only one to hit that price nor does it mean it will go on to win the event. You will need to take that into account.
kelpie

Good advice from 6th sense

Although if you want "any horse" to be backed at 1.50, your automation file will need one rule for Selection 1 in betfair order, another rule for Selection 2, and another for Seelctionb 3 etc

if there is a 30 horse race then you will need a 30 rule file.

very unlikely this strategy will be profitable of course...
PeterLe

S
I tend to agree with Kelpie here, if you back everything (with no other criteria) at 1.5 you will need to get twice as many winners as you have losers..if you pay PC you will need a higher strike rate, not to mention commission..
It would be a good exercise for you to built the automated script but I would only run it in practice mode as I can't see this being profitable
Regards
Peter
kelpie

Agree with PeterLe. The success of backing short is virtually zilch; in fact, minus zilch, if you run it over a few dozen markets

It's been tried at various levels, from 1.3 to 1.1 and then out to 1.7 and all points between.

The bookies are just too canny for this now, with XM bots to ensure failure. Another thread is discussing this now, there are conflicting views if it is the "market" or betfair, in my view it's betfair pointing bots able to skid second or third favourites in very close to 1.2 or lower, knowing full well the "true" money (what's left of it) sees them as NOT likely to win, and then when balance is restored the bots skid them back out, having absorbed all the mug money.

Try it on practice mode and you'll see how they do it...
skorpula

Thank you all for your answers.
Odds of 1.50 is just for example. Today I was trying this with small stake. And have put in rules that lay bet must be few ticks lower than back bet.
So, here's what happened. Some back bet where at 1.70 or 1.57, even the rule is "lover than 1.50".
And two times there where just lay bet at 1.45, and back bet didn't happened. Anyone know why it happened like that ?
Thanks again...
kelpie

skorpula wrote:Thank you all for your answers.
Odds of 1.50 is just for example. Today I was trying this with small stake. And have put in rules that lay bet must be few ticks lower than back bet.
So, here's what happened. Some back bet where at 1.70 or 1.57, even the rule is "lover than 1.50".
And two times there where just lay bet at 1.45, and back bet didn't happened. Anyone know why it happened like that ?
Thanks again...
All to do with the price skidding around (or being skidded around by betfair) when you placed

Sometimes this worked for you, and your back bets placed higher than you expect because betfair automatically finds the highest market price

Sometimes this worked against you, your back bet was missed as the price skidded in to 1.00 but your lays were matched

"Fill or kill" option on bet angel is designed to address some of this problem, which will mean unless your back gets matched first your lay won't land in the order book.

Even then, you need a large gap between back and lay

Hope this helps

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”