Backing 3 horses in same race automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
will2k

evening ,
Is it possible to have 4 selections per horse race but only back the 3 biggest odds from the 4 selections (the shortest price horse is left out and not bet at all)
Many thanks
Will
Tom318

For your 1st selection, define a back bet rule and in the General tab, under Applies to selection, choose the 3rd option by position (sorted in order of favouritism), then enter 2. Repeat for the back bet rules for the 2nd and 3rd selections by entering 3 and 4 respectively.

If you wish to keep the same 3 selections (they could change), then add a Fix the order of the Market Selections rule (General tab).
will2k

hi tom thanks for reply , I need to apply the rule to a particular set of 4 horses that I select though not just the top 4 based on favouritism in the race.
The only way I can see it working is if I select the horses name within the rule but then the rule is specific to that race and is non generic which is obviously defeating the object?
Is there not a way in BA to input horse selections for the day and then apply your predefined rules to all your selections . All the videos I have watched so far seem to focus around betting on favs , 2nd favs etc etc , I need to bet on actual horses my system throws up and im trying to automate them ? Maybe Bet Angel is not the correct software and I need something else.
Thanks in Advance Will
Tom318

Will, I think I understand now. Seeing as you are the one providing the selections, there is no way you'll be able to define a generic Guardian rule. So, under normal circumstances, you would have to input the 4 horses by name for each race. Assuming there are, say, 5 races you wish to bet on, once you have defined the rules for a race, it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to generate (by saving as) another 4 rules and inputting your selections in each. You would end up with 5 markets selected in Guardian, each with their own specific rule.

However, as you correctly surmised, your problem lies with defining the conditions for each race within Guardian. I cannot see any way to eliminate the shortest priced horse out of your selected 4.

It looks like you may need to go down the Excel route. Perhaps the following, with a bit of tweaking, could be a good starting point :

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7397
will2k

Thanks Tom, Yes I have just tried the "save as" on the rules and just named them as the race time they apply to on the day , the gain I have is been able to place the bets 5 mins before the off rather than SP which I think is better.
But I still have the problem of the 4th horse .
I place all my bets for the day in the morning at 8am and place the best 3 prices from 4 (omitting the worst price horse) The problem I have had is I have sometimes 2 horses closely matched on price so take a punt on 1 of them been bigger odds but later when I check the results one of the horses is vastly different to the other (ie the one I didn't bet wins at 6/1 and the one I did bet was 2/1F LOL )
I suppose I will have to look at the excel way but it looks a bit tricky to me .
Thanks Will
will2k

Tom
Another quick question , how do I delete a rule from guardian once its been used as I can see I am going to build up a fair few like this and would need to delete them after the days racing and just keep 1 master template ?
Thanks Will
Tom318

Edit rules file, red cross icon on the right.
will2k

ahh thanks I see it
will2k

Hi again , When running automated bets in guardian do you have to de activate the pop up box that asks you to confirm the bets ?
thanks will
Tom318

I always have it deactivated, but if I'm trying something new, it will be in Practice Mode.

To deactivate it :

Settings, Edit Settings, Behaviour, uncheck the box next to "Show a bet confirmation message when placing a bet".
redbasil

Hi everyone,

I know this is an old thread but it's the only one I can find similar to my request. Is it possible to select several named horses to lay in selected races using automation? very often I want to lay 2 and sometimes up to 4 named horses in he same race. Thanks for any help
MemphisFlash

another way to do what you want is by guardian nomination 1 and 2, and open 2 instances of bet ant angel
for the other two selections you want.
redbasil

Cheers memphis for quick response, is it possible to have both automation nominated selections 1and 2 open at the same time? The drop down selection suggested it was one or the other. But will open multiple pages as suggested cheers.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”