Asian bookmakers and betting brokers

xitian

I've been trying to research a little into the Asian betting scene. It's something I've come across a couple years back, but never really delved into it because I mostly trade horse racing which isn't one of the big markets in Asia. I've recently been trading football though, and am interested to learn more about the Asian betting system again.

From what I understand, it's completely different to how bookmakers operate over here. Apparently there are huge conglomerates which can take on massive exposure, but are accessed through 'agents' who act as a middleman. They actually LIKE smart money, because it lets them set their lines which are then advertised to the 'retail' customer. In order to get to these agents who have access to this massive pool of liquidity you have to go through a broker. The best article I've found about this complex system is here:
http://www.sportstradingnetwork.com/spo ... g-brokers/

The article refers to a brokerage called Eastbridge which is apparently the brokerage which has been set up to cater for the European market of 'smart' money.
http://eastbridge-sb.com/about-us/

On the one hand it actually sounds really interesting. The system actually sounds plausible for a region like Asia, but at the same time I'd be a bit concerned about getting involved with offshore betting companies. There doesn't appear to be a lot of transparency and it all seems very dark alleyway to me! If your money disappears then there's no chance in hell you're getting anything back!

Does anyone here know anything more about these companies? Had experience dealing with Eastbridge or other Asian brokerage?

The "quant" page says:
Our aggregated API includes SBO, IBC, ISN, Singbet, SIN88, Pinnacle, Matchbook, SBC, Betfair and Betdaq
Thanks in advance.
Euler

I've dealt with Eastbridge and a few others.

The problem you have in general, I'm not talking specifically here of anybody, is that it is unregulated and it's difficult to really get a handle on the business or money within the business.

So it feels like it's a case of caveat emptor if you choose to go down this route.

There are no official channels into the Asian market but the black market is huge.
junoreactor

I have been with this brokerage service for a while now. Offering Betfair exchange. It is good enough, even though it does not support the use of softwares, but well I have no other choice for now.

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”