Smarkets - can it take on Betfair/Betdaq?

enzabella2009

Some of my Italian colleagues have highlighted that some smarkets agents approached in some Italian forums with some unwanted messages. The message that was sent out was:
Do not wait for Betfair and Betdaq to be regulated in Italy , we are smarkets we do accept your business anyway. It 's not a good message to Italian users who just wanted to be legally recognized and regulated.
It 's true that Italian users should not encounter any fines for the moment they are using the sites but, as a company smarket, despite the European Treaty, and specifically the article 43 and 46, can still be unwelcome from italian authorities therefore unwelcome from italian users once betfair and betdaq are regulated.
smarkets

enzabella2009 wrote:Some of my Italian colleagues have highlighted that some smarkets agents approached in some Italian forums with some unwanted messages. The message that was sent out was:
Do not wait for Betfair and Betdaq to be regulated in Italy , we are smarkets we do accept your business anyway. It 's not a good message to Italian users who just wanted to be legally recognized and regulated.
It 's true that Italian users should not encounter any fines for the moment they are using the sites but, as a company smarket, despite the European Treaty, and specifically the article 43 and 46, can still be unwelcome from italian authorities therefore unwelcome from italian users once betfair and betdaq are regulated.
Hello - I am an official Smarkets rep and we have never released a statement like the one you are referring to above, nor have we commented in any Italian forums. We only post in specific forums that we have been granted access to by forum administrators as a way to answer customer queries.
enzabella2009

smarkets wrote:
enzabella2009 wrote:Some of my Italian colleagues have highlighted that some smarkets agents approached in some Italian forums with some unwanted messages. The message that was sent out was:
Hello - I am an official Smarkets rep and we have never released a statement like the one you are referring to above, nor have we commented in any Italian forums. We only post in specific forums that we have been granted access to by forum administrators as a way to answer customer queries.
Dear Smarkets are you saying you got nothing to do with this agent? ( smarketsdeejay).
smarkets

enzabella2009 wrote:
smarkets wrote:
Dear Smarkets are you saying you got nothing to do with this agent? ( smarketsdeejay).
Absolutely nothing to do with them. We are curious to know which forum or forums these claims are appearing in.

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”