MATCHBOOK.com

tricola

andyfuller

Cheers tricola looks like they have a few payment options.

Why would people use the likes of Skrill and Neteller rather than just a normal debit card? Never really understood. Suppose it would stop the other half knowing what you were up to but can't see any other benefits.
Dallas

I think the main reason is speed, when i done online poker years ago just like betfair now it takes about 4 days for money to hit your bank account once withdrawn where as its usually within 24 hrs to get it into your skrill account so its handy if you want to transfer money quickly between sites, when i done my bookie bonuses a few years ago for the ones that accepted it i used Skrill to move my funds quickly between bookie accounts once bonuses where done and also if i was winning on betfair withdrawing to skrill to upload back into next bookie saved alot of time and ment i could recycle the same cash quickly.
Kai

andyfuller wrote:Why would people use the likes of Skrill and Neteller rather than just a normal debit card? Never really understood.
Well I use both Skrill and Neteller because I basically have to, the situation with the current gambling laws in my country is far from perfect. So for me it's best to avoid Croatian banks altogether, at least for now. But e-wallets are actually pretty nice, you basically get the money in 12 hours and you can use their Mastercard debit cards to pay for anything IRL and online.
andyfuller

Thanks for those replies - I didn't realise that they paid out so much quicker than the normal bank method. IMO the normal bank method should be near instant as these days most payments are made in less than 2 hours.

I am sure they will in time speed that up, I guess then one of the big advantages of using such payment companies will be gone.

Just the other week my father was asking me why people use Paypal and tbh I struggled to answer him. He remains far from convinced why he should use Paypal other than it avoids the need to give his bank details to someone, instead he has to give his paypal details.
Kai

I would actually love nothing more than to use Paypal for Betfair as well, but for some reason they don't offer this option for my country.

I'm a big fan of Paypal in general, I've used it for a number of years when I was making money through online (video) gaming. The annoying thing was that when you received a payment Paypal would hold on to that money for 30 days before allowing you to use or withdraw it (pending balance), but they finally removed that so it has become much easier to use Paypal overall.
BackHighLayLow

andyfuller wrote:He remains far from convinced why he should use Paypal other than it avoids the need to give his bank details to someone, instead he has to give his paypal details.
For all their marketing guff about being safe, PayPal is extremely unsafe compared to banks & credit / debit cards.

Firstly to access it you only use your eMail address & password, so half your login credentials are already in the public domain.

Secondly banks have additional security measures around online access as standard, PayPal doesn't.

And finally, you are 100% protected against fraud with banks. PayPal like Betfair will just stick their fingers in their ears, blame you and point you to reams of terms and conditions if somebody empties your account.
andyfuller

Also if you pay for something costing over £100 but less than £30,000 by Credit card, even if it is part payment on the credit card, e.g. £1 you get full cover by the Credit Card company under section 75 rules.

I am yet to see a convincing argument for using such payment companies other than for keeping purchases/payments off your bank statement for whatever reason you may have.

P.S. Sorry for taking the thread off on a tangent.

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”