Any ideas

Wobbler

Been noticing lately with my tower that the bigger the fields and the busier it gets towards post time, everything starts to slow and becomes alot like treacle. I'm on b.t infinity broadband and not been having any other problems. and my cpu is running between 50-60% during these periods. Does anybody have any ideas as what might be causing this?
andyfuller

What about the PC memory?
Wobbler

edit i was looking at cpu, the ram had only 1 bar using around 650 mb
Euler

Wobbler wrote:Does anybody have any ideas as what might be causing this?
The API often struggles a little on big fields but often that's down to the number of unmatched bets. But a decent GPU can help overall performance.
Wobbler

Euler wrote:
Wobbler wrote:Does anybody have any ideas as what might be causing this?
The API often struggles a little on big fields but often that's down to the number of unmatched bets. But a decent GPU can help overall performance.
i did wonder about the strain on the api, as for gpu i don't have the best of graphics card just a standard dual output one. :)
snoopdoggywuf

There are some things you could try to get you an immediate improvement. Open task manager (ctl/alt/del - then click the task manager option) and see what processes are running in the processes tab. There will probably be one hogging all the memory and CPU cycles that you dont need right now. Programs like Skype that sit in the background take a lot of resources whilst not doing anything. If you see a program you recognise like this then just right click it and go for 'end process' which will kill that instance of the program and free up resources. Chrome is another that can take up a lot of memory. DO NOT END A PROCESS YOU DO NOT RECOGNISE as this could make your system unstable. Just kill programs that you can re-activate with a reboot. Hope this helps you out. You can also try msconfig (google it) to stop a process loading in the first place or simply delete programs you no longer use in program manager.

Mikey

Return to “Technology”