Webbshop Preebuild pc

conrad666

Suggestion on a bundle kitt Preebuild PC and 3-4 screens ..
Newbie.. To do hobby trading

Conny
Euler

Thought I'd started a new business there!

Jollygreen has built a few, may be able to give some advice.
JollyGreen

I have built PCs for all sorts of use, let me know what you want to do and I will try and advise.
conrad666

Hello

My home pc have given upp..So i thought When i by new, im take Little trading in count.

But more power i think my wife need in The pc:) she do lot of Photoshop many TB of photos..Photoshop, database,websites, and more photos. No gambling..Little tetris maybee;)..And she like to have all program going At the Same time..

At moment dont have so big succses with trading..But in value betting yes..but maybee i learn.. IF I give upp i still have a computer with Little go in;) and wife is hoppa with preformens. . Conny
conrad666

Have seen some company that sell trading/ stock computersbundles..but to do betfair and newbie is overkill...I dont need a ferrari:) a Volvo is enough.. Ithink..but IF you watt 3-4 screens maybee you need some power
JollyGreen

Hi Conny

Let me dispel some myths for you.

In most modern PCs you can actually run them fine with 2GB of RAM. Yes, you will see a slight improvement with 4GB and with prices being low it is worth the small extra cost.

The running of extra monitors on modern PCs is pretty easy and it is the GPU which takes on most of the workload. You do not need an i7 CPU at 4Ghz to run multiple monitors.

So now to address your requirements.

Because your wife likes to have multiple applications running more RAM is needed. I would say 8GB is fine. This is one of the few reasons you need >4Gb of RAM, multiple applications open and running.

You mention Photoshop and picture editing so it may be prudent to consider a low spec i7 CPU. This CPU offers hyper-threading and Adobe is generally created to take advantage of this function. You may not see that much improvement over an i5 CPU unless she is really hammering the CPU with rendering tasks. If it is just general phot editing and image manipulation then an i5 should be fine.

I run 2 x 24" LCD monitors and have done for about 10 years. I find it is ample for me and I suggest it will probably suit you too. The Intel CPUs have built in HD graphics and I have run my monitors solely using the buitl in option. I even had a 3rd monitor running and it was fine. My only concern would be your wife's Photoshop work, you may want to consider a slightly better plug in graphics card.

JG

Return to “Technology”