how to edit screenshots

CLOWNSHOES

Hi all, sorry if ive posted in the wrong area or this has been discussed before ! I never screenshot anything because i have no idea how to blur out my username and balance ... what software do you guys use for this ? And how safe is it ? could some computer whizz undo the blur and get your username ?

Thanks in advance
LeTiss

I just use 'Paint'

It's very basic, but it does the job. I'm sure others could give other & probably better options
Euler

I use Snagit and Paint to edit most of my screenshots
Kai

Yes, it's possible to undo the blur on images and videos. But like others have said, just use Paint to edit your screenshots, you can simply use the eraser to hide the sensitive parts instead of blurring them.
kerberus

Afternoon,
Try
Start/run/snip

brings up snipping tool, can be rectangle,window, fullscreen, or freeform (attached). Can save as png,html,jpeg or gif to edit in anything.
Built in highlighter!
target what you want, fast minimal overhead, pathologically lazy person's way to keep track of things
K
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CLOWNSHOES

Thanks for the quick replies. Just messed around with it for a few minutes there, much less hassle than i thought !
gutuami

windows key + printscreen - make an instant screenshot of all your screens and saves it in:
C:\Users\yourName\Pictures\Screenshots

later on edit it with paint or with snipping tool
alldaygreen

There is always the option of not displaying your username.

Settings.

Uncheck 'Show user name'

:)

Return to “Technology”