security software

mobile

have been using bitdefender for the last couple years.
Simple format and I am not too technical.
However it has now started to block a football streaming site that I have been using for years, without any problems.
I can white list any site with an address beginning www.
but I cannot white list the actual match page because the address does not begin with www. and this is the point that the software starts blocking.
Is there any more selective form of software that will let me get past this.
sam8080

Have you tried changing your setting? I also use a pop-up blocker add-on (available in chrome and firefox in think) which attaches next to the web address and you can turn on and off easily at the click of a mouse.
mobile

Managed a workaround.
Just before clicking on individual match page, I turn off anti malware.select match page...get connection and turn antimalware back on.
Doesn't block connection, but will still block if I move to another match page.
I expect bookies nag pages and pop ups but simply clear them.
No idea why this works and have run system scan after each use with nothing adverse showing.
Software people say the site I am using is not listed and they are still bleating about screen shots when I have clearly spelt out the problem to them.
Hence my original question whether ther is a more user friendly software available.
sam8080

This is a good question. All I can think of is possibly buying the shows you want to watch or switching to iplayer. Otherwise, I have no idea. Good Luck!
chrisjohnson

go to kaspersky
Eren24

Why not try different type of anti virus such as avast, avg or kaspersky. Maybe there's some setting there that you didn't notice on how to unblock such website. Sometimes when I cant access such website. I just disable the software and then enable it again when I finish using some restricted website.
bennyboy351

I use Microsoft's free Security Essentials software and have had no issues with it. Maybe its worth a look? :)
LeTiss

Does anybody use McAfee?

I have used them for years, and am just too lazy to move. However, after a recent update, McAfee has slowed my computer down horribly.
In fact I'm having trouble loading some websites, due to timeout errors, and I've even had to momentarily disarm McAfee to connect to Bet Angel, as it stops me gaining access

Anybody else experienced this?
iambic_pentameter

LeTiss,

I had a similar issue with McAfee slowing my PC down but this was before I used Bet Angel.

I currently use the following:

Avast Antivirus
Malware Bytes
CCleaner
Super Antispyware

All free and perhaps overkill, but never had any problems with them.

Iambic
ShaunWhite

I've been using AVG Free for donkey's years and it's always been unobtrustive and effective.
hmsnaveen95

I have been using McAfee for last two years there is no issue till. try it.

Return to “Technology”