External VGA Video Card

nhughz

Can anyone recommend a good external vga video card, capable of running a second monitor from a laptop. I'm running Windows XP Professional.
PeterLe

Hi
I use the Matrox Triple head to go to add an additional three screens to my Apple Imac..really pleased with ..
(Can see any issued running a laptop from it..you could just use one additional screen, but have the room to add more as and when you need them)
Can post a picture of the setup if you need it...
Thanks
Peter
PeterLe

Doh! - Sorry meant to say I can't see any issue running a laptop with it!
nhughz

Thanks Peter. What size monitors are you running?
PeterLe

Hi
I have 22" Samsungs (wide screens) on an ergotron stand..
Thanks
Peter
andyfuller

PeterLe wrote:Can post a picture of the setup if you need it...
I would be interested in seeing your setup :)
blackfriar

Hi guys. I'm still agonizing over which monitors/set-up to go for myself.

I'm currently working with two 4:3 19" monitors and i'm wondering what size monitors, and how many, is considered most useful for scalping and swinging.

Do most people go with larger widescreen ones these days (in portrait mode - good for the ladder?) or multiple 4:3's, or a mixture of both?

I really would like to get this sorted out the first time around! So any hints or tips from you guys about what works for you would be super. Ta!
PeterLe

Hi
Here's my setup...
I have a few VPS's and I can keep them all isolated by the Imac "Spaces" function.....using the Shift and up arrow quickly move between them...
I tend to have the display from the VPS's on a fairly basic setting (number of colours, I would rather have speed that sharp images..as I am convinced that it can slow the remote system down)
Thanks
Peter
(PS I really had to think about spending my money on this setup..but in the end decided I was ether in or out of trading.. I was lucky in one particular race last year and decided to invest it in my new setup)
In retrospect I am so glad that i did it. It made a big difference to my trading). If nothing else it just makes it much easier in my opinion. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andyfuller

Nice setup - one suggestion if I may.

Invest £6 in some cable tidy, makes the whole thing look that bit neater - or it might just me being a bit to0 much of a perfectionist lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-Spiral-Cabl ... 1277wt_876

I like the look of the ergotron stand. I will try and get a picture and post done on my setup now I have completed it all.

Bet Angel - what happened to adding a technology section to the forum where we can discuss such things?
PeterLe

Thanks Andy
Yes it does need tidying!
The missus calls it the space ship lol!...when some sport comes on telly...she always says "Where are you going ..in the spaceship!"...
Anyway it keeps me out of the way of coronation street and how to look good naked!!
regards
Peter
J.S.

andyfuller wrote: Bet Angel - what happened to adding a technology section to the forum where we can discuss such things?
This is a good point, I was waiting for this to see your monitor stand setup you had previously placed on youtube. Will be upgrading a few things in a couple of months, would be handy to see what others are doing.
gutuami

Hi PeterLi
can I ask what is the resolution on your 22'samsungs?

thanks
andyfuller

J.S. wrote:I was waiting for this to see your monitor stand setup you had previously placed on youtube.
I did send the Videos to Peter some time ago but they don't seem to have been added at all?????

I will try and get a post done on the setup sometime this week.
J.S.

Cheers Andy, I agree a technology section would be a great addition for people to see what full timers are using. I'm sure there must be quite a few people on the forums with some cool setups.
PeterLe

gutuami wrote:Hi PeterLi
can I ask what is the resolution on your 22'samsungs?

thanks
Hi Gutuami
The monitors I use are Samsung 2243BW and the matrox graphics card runs them at 3 * 1280x800 60 Hz I think...
Regards
Peter

Return to “Technology”