Openbox V8S

andyfuller

I was looking at sorting out some of my AV equipment and I was chatting to a mate and they recommended a box called 'Openbox V8S'.

I had never heard of them before so have done a bit of research on them but I was wondering if anyone on the forum had any experience of them?

TIA.
Mikky

Yep that's exactly the box I use :)

As long as you have a Sky Dish and broadband of some kind (ideally hardwired) they are very very good. I currently pay £20 per year for a full sky subscription. Had it almost 18 months now and although it does freeze every now and then, it is actually very good.

I was comparing the RUK Betfair stream and the box stream the other day and they were pretty much within a second of each other.
andyfuller

Thanks Mikky!

Couple of questions if you don't mind:

Does it need to be connected to the internet the whole time?

Do the pictures come via the dish or the internet (I thought the internet)?

Many thanks!
Mikky

TBH I am not fully sure why you need both, but mine is just connected to the router directly and never have any issues.

probably best though to keep it off the main forum as I am not sure Sky would approve :)
andyfuller

Mikky wrote:probably best though to keep it off the main forum as I am not sure Sky would approve :)
Nothing wrong with using it to get BBC 1 so I can keep up to date with East Enders

Who said anything about Sky ;)
small fry

Iv'e had one for over four years and it work's a treat in-fact I'm on my 2nd box ( it's a older F5) They are just like a sky box but every few seconds they get a code through the internet so you need it connected all the time. How they work is someone who sells the lines has a chipped box ( the old sky box's ) and then they share the line. In short they are class but I don't know how long it will last but Iv'e well got my money worth :D
andyfuller

Many thanks for that explanation about why it needs to be connected to the Internet.

As ever, I am a bit late to the party!

Return to “Technology”