Display TV pictures on PC

andyfuller

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can offer some advice on how I can best display my TV pictures on my PC.

The PVR I wish to use has outputs of HDMI & Scart.

I want to be able to view the output from the PVR ideally in a re-sizeable window.

I currently use my Slingbox to achieve this but I was wondering if anyone knew of a different/better way as I need to use my Slingbox elsewhere shortly so before I buy another one I wanted to check other potential options.

Many thanks for any advice.
spreadbetting

The problem is most HDMI ports on a laptop desktop are set for output only, alot probably depends on your actual PC/laptop. Your simplest way is probably using a cheap video capture card if it needs to be in a window.

Maybe have a search around the net/youtube to see if any gamers have achieved it with the same kit as you. Gamers always love to tweak things, or record their moves for youtube etc, so someones bound to have come up with a way of displaying their hdmi output form an xbox 360, xbox one, wii etc (same output feed as your PVR will be) onto their PC.
andyfuller

Thanks for that - yes I thought the gaming route might be the way to go. I will investigate that.

I already tried plugging in the HDMI cable into the PC but had no luck as it is just an output.
Frank247

Facing same kind of problem but don't know how to fix it.

Return to “Technology”