Multiple monitor vs Large screen tv as monitor

Dublin_Flyer

Hi all,
Wondering what are the pro's and con's in your esteemed opinions of the subject title.

My initial thoughts are that the multi-monitor setup is great for the defined layout and easy on the eye, ie in a 2x2 grid or 1 up/2 down layout. Costwise, monitors are much more expensive than tvs though.

Large screen tv could be set up in a similar style to multiple monitors, using black plumbers tape to separate preferred areas/divide it up if needed!

With the very low cost of huge screen full HD tvs in recent years, I thought it might be a viable alternative to multi output motherboards/graphics cards.
Any views?
andyfuller

The old adage - its not the size that counts.... its the pixel count.

So a TV the size of your house wont get you more usable information than 4 small screens. Have a search around on the forum as there are a lot of threads discussing this already.
Dublin_Flyer

Cheers Andy, had a look and there's quite a few posts, nearly all regarding the multi monitor setup though.

I might haul the PC downstairs later and see what the preferred set up looks like on the main (best) tv in the house as a reference. I don't think pixel count should be an issue for me as I can pretty much focus easily/zoom in to resized windows for live tv/charts/ladder. Plus the adjustable settings for the column sizes on BA should make it workable for my preferences.

Possibly easier to use a separate tv for live tv and use the present one for trading. Plenty of food for thought now.

Return to “Technology”