Technology : New Microsoft Surface Laptop

Halliday

Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:56 pm

Has anyone looked at the new Windows Surface Laptop, starting pice is £979 !! With the below spec...

Intel Core i5
128GB SSD
4GB RAM
13.5 Screen

It runs Windows 10.5...One of the ideas behind Windows 10 S and its restriction to Windows Store apps is that those apps are less resource-hungry than traditional Windows applications, which means they'll run well on lower-power machines, and should drain the battery slower too.but you can apparently at the click of a button upgrade to Windows 10pro ( think upgrade is free if done within three month , then a charge )

Anyone tempted to get it to trade on the move? Or recommend a decent lightweight laptop to use ?

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/13/1578 ... pro-review

Bluesky

Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:26 pm

I was chatting to our local plumber a while back who had recently bought one of these. He complained a bit about the cost, but was extremely pleased with it. He said he now did virtually all his admin work on site, he reckoned he had saved around 1.5 hours a night he no longer had to spend on his desk top sorting stuff out.

Halliday

Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:12 pm

Bluesky wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:26 pm
I was chatting to our local plumber a while back who had recently bought one of these. He complained a bit about the cost, but was extremely pleased with it. He said he now did virtually all his admin work on site, he reckoned he had saved around 1.5 hours a night he no longer had to spend on his desk top sorting stuff out.
It is rather pricey but a lot of reviews seem to rate above the MacBook, certainly very light and portable, and seems to have a decent battery life .. Anyone traded on one yet( or bought one !!) , Or any other laptop?

welshboy06

Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:25 pm

I use a lenovo yoga laptop. Has a bigger screen and similar spec. Doesn't have a detachable keyboard though.

There are various different specs ranging from 350-600ish. I use mine for trading in work without issue. The surface is a great bit of kit, but a bit pricey compared to similar products with similar spec

Return to “Technology”

• Information