Quad monitor advice needed.

mjmorris335

I'm currently using a 15" laptop with a 23" AOC monitor as my trading setup, but I'd like to upgrade to a desktop/quad monitor array.

Space is at a premium so I wonder if anybody has any recommendations with respect to minimum screen size and resolution. I love the 1920x1080 AOC monitor I have but four of the buggers would seem a bit like overkill.

Any thoughts from those with quad setups gratefully received.

Mike
garycowlam

I use a 43 inch curved TV and then use a software to screen split it how I choose (DisplayFusion). I wouldn't go back to using multiple monitors again.
mjmorris335

Ah, that's interesting. I've got a 43" Panasonic HDTV about to become redundant with the arrival of a 4k Samsung. It's going to look like a monster on my desk, though :-).

What I'm aiming for is three different BA screens and either BF Live Video or ATR/RUK on the fourth. Would that be possible with your setup, bearing in mind I'd have to take a feed from a Sky Q Mini box?

Mike
mjmorris335

Ah, that's interesting. I've got a 43" Panasonic HDTV about to become redundant with the arrival of a 4k Samsung. It's going to look like a monster on my desk, though :-).

What I'm aiming for is three different BA screens and either BF Live Video or ATR/RUK on the fourth. Would that be possible with your setup, bearing in mind I'd have to take a feed from a Sky Q Mini box?

Mike
mjmorris335

Oops. Double post for some reason. Apologies.

Mike
garycowlam

You won't be able to have more than 1 input so it would either be the Sky stream or the PC...i guess thats the only downside...or just get greedy and have a mini tv for TV as well :D
mjmorris335

garycowlam wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:34 am
...or just get greedy and have a mini tv for TV as well :D
I'm channeling my inner Gordon Gecko as we speak :D .

Mike
garycowlam

this is my set up just for reference - see image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mjmorris335

That looks like a very clean image. There's no pixellation or movement blur?

Mike
garycowlam

Nah nothing like that at all. Its a 4k which you probably need for the resolution to split well. Had the set up for nearly a year now and love it. Lots of flexibility with it that you don't get with standard monitors in my opinion
garycowlam

TVs so good nowadays that they are as good as monitors
LeTiss

I used this company if it helps

http://www.multiplemonitors.co.uk/

They made my computer with all the specs I desired, plus all the software I wanted installed, including Microsft Office.
They also provided my stands and 4 additional screens.

A guy called Darren was in charge. I was delighted at the cost, plus the service was great
mjmorris335

I see that DisplayFusion is free for 30 days so that's something to check out when I get the desktop. I take it you still need a quad compatible graphics card?

Mike
garycowlam

Nah don't think so. You can use it on a laptop screen if you so wish. May as well try the free 30 days and see if it works for you
mjmorris335

LeTiss wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:55 am
I used this company if it helps

http://www.multiplemonitors.co.uk/

They made my computer with all the specs I desired, plus all the software I wanted installed, including Microsft Office.
They also provided my stands and 4 additional screens.

A guy called Darren was in charge. I was delighted at the cost, plus the service was great
Cheers. Do you mind me asking if there was anything trading-specific that you needed from the specs?

Mike

Return to “Technology”