Don't worry, I won't accuse you of being Mr. Wingit. :lol:

Edit: Didn't realise the pun until I posted. :lol: :lol:
Kafkaesque

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:45 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:28 pm
Also, why the hell is Chrome taking up so much RAM
Don't mean to go off subject but I stopped using Chrome on on an older computer for that very reason - it was consuming gobs of memory and just took up more and more until the computer got sluggish.

It's hard to imagine why looking at a meeting's race card on the Racing Post website would take up 100's of megabytes, but that's what it seemed to do!
Weird one, I stopped using Firefox for that very reason and have found things to run a lot smother after switching to Chrome. Firefox was absolutely killing the processes if I had a lot on - in Firefox and elsewhere.
BetScalper wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:02 pm
I am running Bet Angel on a Windows 7 64 bit virtual disk inside a MacBook Pro via Fusion.

The machine has 8GB of Ram split evenly between OS and Windows. The 512GB SSD is also split evenly between the two operating systems.

Never seen the CPU go over 40%.

I would agree with Derek, Chrome is killing your resources. Get rid of it asap. Safari is available for Windows and takes up a very small footprint resource wise.
I've always heard that Safari is awful (not in terms of resources though), and I were not a fan at all. Might just be that using Safari for the first time coincided which me channeling my inner hipster and going for a mac for the first time, which I was most definitely not a fan of! Am I missing something on Safari? Or is your point simple that often times a browser is just a browser and if comp resources are an issue, you may as well go for the least demanding browser?
Derek27

I've had that problem with Firefox on a previous computer.

I running Windows 10, I've just closed and reopened Firefox and it's already consuming 200MB. Perhaps I no longer have a problem because I have far more RAM than my previous computer, but I still don't understand why browsers are so memory intensive.

I was an expert on Windows 98 and knew the operating system inside out. With each new Microsoft OS I've had less and less time to learn about it, and with Windows 10 I've had absolutely no time to learn much about it's workings because I'm trading round the clock. :)
BetScalper

Just increase your RAM to 8 or 16GB. Its dead cheap these days.

At least you can do that, unlike me, as Apple now solder the RAM and SSD's to the fcukin motherboard. :(
dmbusa

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:19 am
Can't some of those 15(!) Chrome pages be run in tabs rather than seperate instances? I know people criticise Chrome but 16 instances are taking about 82Mb each and 0.4% CPU, that's not bad.

What refresh rate are your 7 (!) instances of BA running at?

The memory seems a little low too, 80%+ doesn't leave much for temporary storage.

Knowing what Win10 is like, 69% doesn't actually seem that bad given that you have 22 hungry applications running. Dare I ask what your 7 BAs are doing?
It was just one instance of Chrome with two tabs one for Betfair and one for flashscores.

One instance of BetAngel but with some of the screens popped out i.e the advanced charts.

So not really 22 applications running
dmbusa

So over the last two weeks I have experimented with using firefox and edge rather than chrome. I had planned to use each one for a week to see what happened, however with firefox 2 days was enough to make me quit the experiment as within 20 minutes of starting to trade the cpu, memory and disk were all at 100% constantly.
With edge i had similar usage to chrome but found that the betfair website would freeze for 4 or 5 seconds on a regular basis so I am back to chrome.
cricupdates

Who made this Windows? I'm facing a problem after a few days. Are any of you interested in World Cup 2019? I found some great details like Cricket World Cup 2019 Schedule and IPL Live Streaming. Check it out here! I know it is out of content. I spent 800$ on a laptop having Pre-installed Windows 10 but I'm upset about it! Can anyone tell me how to speed up my laptop?
BetScalper

cricupdates wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:46 am
Who made this Windows? I'm facing a problem after a few days. Are any of you interested in World Cup 2019? I found some great details like Cricket World Cup 2019 Schedule and IPL Live Streaming. Check it out here! I know it is out of content. I spent 800$ on a laptop having Pre-installed Windows 10 but I'm upset about it! Can anyone tell me how to speed up my laptop?
Faster processor, more memory and a super fast SSD are your only options.

My new ThinkPad has:

Intel i7 8th Generation
32 GB of Ram
512 GB SSD 2700mb/s Read/Write

Plus super fibre broadband.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit and BA works like a dream.

But it wasn’t cheap.

Return to “Technology”