Another Issue with Windows 10 update

sa7med

morisics wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:04 am
A previous member mentioned that Windows 10 uses extensive CPU after update. My issue is that my Windows laptop refuse accepting my initial login password after the update was taken into action. This drives me crazy as I have very important files on it. Be aware of Windows 10 update, fellows. I am now looking for a valid solution to get it fixed.
perhaps windows changed your keyboard settings to another layout? try typing your password out with different keyboard layouts in mind.
gutuami

I've an notebook aside collecting data. Today it asked for an update. Its been an hour now and it's still working on updates. Don't like w10 at all. every day updates. my main pc is running w8.0 and no issues whatsoever. in case microsoft reads this I would't recommend it to anybody :lol:
Derek27

gutuami wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:30 pm
I've an notebook aside collecting data. Today it asked for an update. Its been an hour now and it's still working on updates. Don't like w10 at all. every day updates. my main pc is running w8.0 and no issues whatsoever. in case microsoft reads this I would't recommend it to anybody :lol:
Microsoft don't even take notice of feedback on their own dedicated site!

Unfortunately Microsoft are deluded into thinking we all use our computers for 12 hours a day and when you shut it down you must be going to bed and won't need it till tomorrow. :evil:
Dallas

I've just attempted to boot up one of my spare laptops that runs Win10, over 20mins later im still waiting for its recent updates to install so I can log in!
to75ne

Dallas wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 12:21 pm
I've just attempted to boot up one of my spare laptops that runs Win10, over 20mins later im still waiting for its recent updates to install so I can log in!
if its the same one i had on tuesday, reckon you have got another 40 mins or so.
BetScalper

Dallas wrote:
Windows 10 had a big update recently which caused allot of issues for users.

Many drivers ended up being corrupted and people couldn't access their hard drives, wifi, bluetooth, blank screens etc.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-1 ... ck-screen/

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-1 ... me-issues/
Dallas

to75ne wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 12:42 pm
Dallas wrote:
if its the same one i had on tuesday, reckon you have got another 40 mins or so.
Must of been - you weren't far wrong, when it eventually did come on have to agree/disagree to a load of new options like voice recongition etc - complete pain in the arse!
Dallas

BetScalper wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 12:47 pm
Dallas wrote:
Windows 10 had a big update recently which caused allot of issues for users.

Many drivers ended up being corrupted and people couldn't access their hard drives, wifi, bluetooth, blank screens etc.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-1 ... ck-screen/

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-1 ... me-issues/
Thanks, so far everything seems uneffected, though its only a spare so wouldn't be to much issue on this one but its strange that my main PC which also unfortunetly uses WIN 10 has no done this update yet so im dredding that now!
Derek27

The April update upgrades Windows 10 to version 1803 - you're actually upgrading the entire operating system to a new version. You may have noticed that you'll have less disk space available due to a large backup of the old system.
mobius

May be of help or maybe not...............................FROM Vulture Central
By Richard Speed 22 May 2018 at 15:34

About to install the Windows 10 April 2018 Update? You might want to wait a little bit longer

Updated The troubled Windows 10 April 2018 update is facing another issue, with some users losing access to their desktop after installing the new code.

The problem, which first appeared in a posting on a Microsoft support forum on 14 May, has gained a bit of traction over the last two days with users taking to social media as they go through the three stages of installing this update: frustration, fury and despair.

The affected users report that after accepting the request to "restart and install" Windows 10 and waiting the requisite hour or so for the update do its stuff, users can find themselves staring at a blank desktop with no icons. An alarming message stating that the Desktop file could not be accessed is then shown.

The error suggests that something fishy has happened at a system file level.

The Register spoke to Computer Cellar, an independent computer repair outfit in Durham, North Carolina, which took to Reddit to point the finger at the Avast antivirus application after spotting what appeared to be a commonality in the wave of complaints. The shop recommended that uninstalling the AV tool would likely be a good idea before letting the April 2018 Update loose on a working copy of Windows 10.

Afflicted users have found that none of the Windows 10 built-in repair options deal with the issue and have had to resort to creating a fresh install of the operating system. Microsoft helpfully provides a tool to do this very thing, although you will need a working PC on hand to make it work – something that might be a problem if your only PC has been borked.

Antivirus tools have long been a bit of a bête noire as far as Windows 10 has been concerned, with Microsoft chastising some vendors for making naughty calls to places where they shouldn't in the Windows kernel. Redmond also attracted the ire of Kaspersky for allegedly removing third-party antivirus software during updates – before the antivirus company backed down in August 2017.

While the issue is relatively widespread, it does not appear to affect a catastrophic number of users. Windows 10 users who have already successfully installed the update are not affected.

The Register asked Microsoft to discuss the matter and was told it is probing the situation. We also requested a comment from Avast. ®

Updated to add
A spokesperson for Avast told El Reg:

"We have tested this and couldn't identify any problems affecting Avast Antivirus consumer users specifically. Online user comments show that many are unfortunately experiencing problems updating to Windows 10 ‘1803’. We cannot rule out that a small number of Avast users may be having difficulties updating, too, but we don't see any indications that this is caused by Avast."
Ialeru

It sounds like there are some bugs in the Windows 10 update,but it has nothing to do with passwords not being accepted,maybe you entered a wrong password or the password is changed.
Derek27

Ialeru wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:29 am
It sounds like there are some bugs in the Windows 10 update,but it has nothing to do with passwords not being accepted,maybe you entered a wrong password or the password is changed.
That's a very old post, I'd guess he's sorted the problem by now. :)
Ialeru

Ialeru wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:29 am
Talking again,to unlock password for locked Windows computer,this software does a good job
Dakota

I have updated my Windows 10 but i have not had this problem (The login password not accepted).Checking your keyboard. Many people ignore it.
Dakota

Dakota wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:17 am
I have updated my Windows 10 but i have not had this problem (The login password not accepted).Checking your keyboard. Many people ignore it.
Any problem about Windows 10 updates,you can read this,that https://www.winpwd.com/windows-10-update-problems.html
I get from my colleagues can prevent more problems.

Return to “Technology”