iPad

steven1976

My point exactly, its nothing to do with they cant offer it, its so they can decide what you can and cant watch. The last thing apple want is you watching or listening to free online content when they are selling it all through their store.
Boing

Anybody buy the new iPad?
jimrobo

I picked one up yesterday and they are superb! A very nice upgrade. Looking at the older models now the text looks out of focus!
Will Sharpe

Would you say that the screen is
the
difference?
Euler

One of the guys has picked up one as well and it's way faster the the original. I'm tempted.
jimrobo

He screen is worth the upgrade alone. The actual CPU processing power is the same as the ipad2. It just ha a quad core graphics processor.

It's a pleasure to browse the internet looking at pictures on it now as well as being super convenient.
andyfuller

Googles new tablet will be available in the UK soon and only £160.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/d ... ide-banner
jimrobo

looks like a decent tablet for the money. slightly odd that it seems to be setup to be more portable than the ipad but no mobile connectivity??
andyfuller

Does anyone know of a way to edit Word and/or Excel documents using an iPad?

It needs to be done when offline.

I can't seem to find anything that is suitable and wondered if anyone knew of anything?

The best option I have found so far in tablet form seems to be the new Microsoft Surface tablet which runs a version of word and excel but having never used one I am not sure about them. Has anyone any experience of this tablet?

TIA.
steven1976

I know on android their is an app called "documents to go" that does this. Id imagine they have an app for ipads as well. I do however find it quite a struggle looking and changing excel sheets on a tablet. Its okay for something urgent if im out and about but it would have to be real urgent.
Dublin_Flyer

Have a look on youtube for editing excel or word on iPad, you should be able to see some examples of the programs in action rather than relying on reviews/opinions and see what looks most suitable for you, if any do.
Just a thought, my experience of iPads and Mac stuff in general is minimal, but youtube is my new google for queries :)
andyfuller

Hi,

Thanks for the replies and the suggestions. I will have a look into them and hopefully get what I need to do to work.

Thanks again.
Morph

I use office2 plus on my ipad which is ok but I tend to agree with Both your previous respondees.

If you go down the MS route, I would certainly be looking at a machine with full windows 8 and not the cut down version in surface, unless ultimate portability is essential.

Return to “Technology”