iPad

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Going to be in the local news this evening having stood in line outside the local Apple store this morning to pick up an iPad. The first guy in line had been there since 5am but didn't want to be interviewed, the second guy had driven from Kingston because the queue there was enourmous, he didn't want to be interviewed either as he was ducking off work to buy one! I meandered into the shopping centre at 8am and was third in line. By the time the store opened there were about 50 eager iPad buyers waiting.

I'll stick up a video a bit later.
LeTiss

For what reason did you buy it Peter?

I'm struggling to see what anyone would use it for!

It's not a phone, it's not a laptop........it just seems a lumpy additional piece of kit that has no real uses
Lagos

Got mine yesterday in the post from Apple.Would be great to be able to run Bet Angel on it,my wife said to me yesterday'does it mean you will come out more now you have it' !!

Easy to handle and should be able to manage some positions on it while playing Cricket this summer on at least a few Saturday afternoons.

Any way of ruunning Bet Angel on it Peter?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

100528 - iPad - Bet Angel.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

LeTiss 4pm wrote:I'm struggling to see what anyone would use it for!
I can see it being pretty niche as it does sit right inbetween two catergories but, aside from being a gadget fan, I want to use is as a lightweight laptop and for remote access to other equipment. I think it will do the job nicely.

We are always buying all sorts of stuff in the office just to see if it open up another avenue for us that we may not have thought of. UPS delivered another parcel today that I wont have time to play with this week, but I'll put up some information about that if it proves useful.
Lagos

Is the server edition availible to everyone?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Yes, details are at http://www.betangel.com/vps

I started using a remote server some time ago as it allowed me to trade from anywhere in the world like I was at home. With increased automation in Excel I often run stuff on the servers and use an internet device to check up on it.
Lagos

Thanks Peter

Ill give it a try
LeTiss

That looks impressive, but I'm struggling to see how that would give you an edge over what you currently do!?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Lagos wrote:Thanks Peter

Ill give it a try
You will need to download iTap from the app store to make it connect to the server.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

LeTiss 4pm wrote:
That looks impressive, but I'm struggling to see how that would give you an edge over what you currently do!?
Just got £30 out of the 14:10 using it :mrgreen: But, I'm not particularly expecting it to directly lead to an edge. It's a "Columbus" purchase, I've set sail but there is no guarantee that I'll find anything, but it should be an interesting journey. It's not impossible that we may look at a native app at some point. But for the moment just for access to the VPS it will be useful.

The other gadget that arrived today probably will give me an edge. I'll have a proper play on it next week and post up if I get the chance to use it properly.
jimrobo

I've had one from america for a few weeks and have tried touchscreen trading a few times! Its good fun but realistically its only novelty value!

They are really great to have next to the computer in case of a power cut though. You can be on the VPS in seconds using 3g and be out of any potential liability without the stress of running around trying to get your computer to work.

They are also great for reading magazines on the go. If you get the chance buy the wired app as the digital edition you get is just fantastic on the ipad. Its a complete interactive magazine. Maxim is pretty good to!
LeTiss

jimrobo wrote:Maxim is pretty good to!
Useful for trading, but even more useful for viewing scantily clad ladies then?

Cheers jimrobo..........I might get one after all

:lol:
jimrobo

Everyone laughed at me at first then everyone who spent more than 2 minutes having a play around with it was like.......its amazing!

iplayer also launched for ipad last night too so you can watch any iplayer content through it. It is even in HD! Personally I can;t wait for the ipad slingplayer app which is coming and I can watch my tv on the go.

Return to “Technology”