iPad

jimrobo

He screen is worth the upgrade alone. The actual CPU processing power is the same as the ipad2. It just ha a quad core graphics processor.

It's a pleasure to browse the internet looking at pictures on it now as well as being super convenient.
andyfuller

Googles new tablet will be available in the UK soon and only £160.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/d ... ide-banner
jimrobo

looks like a decent tablet for the money. slightly odd that it seems to be setup to be more portable than the ipad but no mobile connectivity??
andyfuller

Does anyone know of a way to edit Word and/or Excel documents using an iPad?

It needs to be done when offline.

I can't seem to find anything that is suitable and wondered if anyone knew of anything?

The best option I have found so far in tablet form seems to be the new Microsoft Surface tablet which runs a version of word and excel but having never used one I am not sure about them. Has anyone any experience of this tablet?

TIA.
steven1976

I know on android their is an app called "documents to go" that does this. Id imagine they have an app for ipads as well. I do however find it quite a struggle looking and changing excel sheets on a tablet. Its okay for something urgent if im out and about but it would have to be real urgent.
Dublin_Flyer

Have a look on youtube for editing excel or word on iPad, you should be able to see some examples of the programs in action rather than relying on reviews/opinions and see what looks most suitable for you, if any do.
Just a thought, my experience of iPads and Mac stuff in general is minimal, but youtube is my new google for queries :)
andyfuller

Hi,

Thanks for the replies and the suggestions. I will have a look into them and hopefully get what I need to do to work.

Thanks again.
Morph

I use office2 plus on my ipad which is ok but I tend to agree with Both your previous respondees.

If you go down the MS route, I would certainly be looking at a machine with full windows 8 and not the cut down version in surface, unless ultimate portability is essential.

Return to “Technology”