Sky Q Multiroom or Slingbox

daveyp9

Hi All,

Looking to get live pictures into my office (from my sky q box in my lounge on the other side of my house) for pre race and live football trading but wanted to ask if anyone is using the Sky Q (mini box) multiroom option for Sky Racing and Racing UK?

I don't want to get it all setup and paid for only to realise a huge delay in the pictures. Having used Sky Go for trading before the delay on that on my tablet is about 1 - 2 minutes which is ridiculous.

The other option from researching is to use a slingbox but again, whats the delay like?

Main focus is pre race trading and goal is to minimise the risk of going inplay and not getting out before the race goes off.

Many thanks for all comments and advice in advance.
spreadbetting

Any reason why you don't want to cable a multiroom box to your office? Even if you wanted the mini box to run a full speed you'd be cable for ethernet to the office. Guess alot depends on hw dependant you are on the speed of pictures with your strategy but anything wireless in my experience will slow things down and sometimes slows due to simply buffering.
LostShaman

Don't use it for trading but I'm on Virgin multiroom and don't see any difference between the two boxes. They are both cabled in but that's not difficult to get set up, just the cost of the engineer to come and do it.
gullsfan

Bear in mind that you will have to pay an extra tenner a month to watch it on a mini box.

I currently have it on multi room set up in a bedroom and have it on an offer for £12.5 a month.

To watch it on a minibox it would cost me £35 per month ie no offer + an extra tenner on the standard £25 per month charge.
Euler

I have a Slingbox so I can stream stuff externally but also to other devices I use. Slingbox is no more though, so in future, you may need to use other devices.

But I went the whole hog when I moved house and installed equipment to push the feed around the house, so that makes life easier. It's not too difficult if you set it up carefully.
Euler

I did previously have multi-room subs for racing etc.

Return to “Technology”