Simultaneous connection to two servers, is it possible?

ShaunWhite

Google's let me down on this which often means it's a no no.
Does anyone know if it's possible to RDP to two different servers at the same time. ie having 2 or more RDP instances?
I can see why it would be tricky but it also seems like something that should be doable. Not essential but useful.

Any of these worth trying ?
https://alternativeto.net/software/remo ... onnection/
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:25 pm
Google's let me down on this which often means it's a no no.
Does anyone know if it's possible to RDP to two different servers at the same time. ie having 2 or more RDP instances?
I can see why it would be tricky but it also seems like something that should be doable. Not essential but useful.

Any of these worth trying ?
https://alternativeto.net/software/remo ... onnection/
Hi Shaun -yeah, I do it all the time. THere's no limit on the number of RDP sessions to different servers that you can spawn, other than memory on your client machine. You could of course spawn other RDP sessions from your RDP session :D (i actually also do this!!)
ShaunWhite

How? When I try and launch another instance it just toggles focus on my current instance.
Daisy chained connections is something I didn't think about but not really what I need.

I thought you got clashing on port adresses and needed to do something like tunnelling (which is just a word i know not something I understand).
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:05 pm
How? When I try and launch another instance it just toggles focus on my current instance.
Daisy chained connections is something I didn't think about but not really what I need.

I thought you got clashing on port adresses and needed to do something like tunnelling (which is just a word i know not something I understand).
I just right click on the Remote desktop icon then launch the dialog -like thus:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

:roll: What a muppet.

I'd only double-clicked. I hadn't done a right-click. Sorry & thanks.
homer-computer-doh.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:20 pm
:roll: What a muppet.

I'd only double-clicked. I hadn't done a right-click. Sorry & thanks.homer-computer-doh.jpg
yup - it's usually the 2nd nature things that stop us seeing the even simpler stuff - eh luke :D

as an aside, the 1st take of those images above had my ful login details on display, had to do a quick edit - n00b or what!!

Return to “Technology”