Problems with video streams on betfair

ilovepizza82

Hi,

In the past few weeks (maybe 2 months) ive had lots of problems with video streams on betfair. Basically its impossible to watch anything after they changed their video player...or is it just me ? Both football and horse races. Video streams are hiccuping like crazy.
Dallas

Not sure what the cause it but its affected alot of people in recent weeks/months
Derek27

US racing seems to play smoothly and you can let it run from one race to the next, but I don't even bother with it for UK racing. You're lucky to get pictures just 2 minutes before start time.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:16 pm
US racing seems to play smoothly and you can let it run from one race to the next, but I don't even bother with it for UK racing. You're lucky to get pictures just 2 minutes before start time.
Pisses me off but I'm in a contract with Virgin Media & I'm not paying for a 12 second delay, shit stream from Racing T.V - wish there was a decent alternative; putting up with Betfairs incompetence is a daily grind in itself.

Having said that, it seems to be playing up in running, the issue with pre-race is they're far to interested in talking to each other about themselves and then offer up 30 seconds of live pictures. Fuc**ng useless.
to75ne

if its any help try internet explorer that works fine for me. i was up until five/six weeks back using chrome (which i would prefer to use) but its now next to useless on betfair vids (as is opera). ie seems to work fine.
jamesg46

to75ne wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:33 pm
if its any help try internet explorer that works fine for me. i was up until five/six weeks back using chrome (which i would prefer to use) but its now next to useless on betfair vids (as is opera). ie seems to work fine.
Things change again come January, Google will no longer be supporting Flash Player (or whatever it is they do with each other) let's hope the change is for the better.
weemac

I get a 4-5 second freeze-up in every race for 1-2 weeks and then it's OK for a while, whatever browser/set up I use.

Re Flash decommissioning, I'm not at all optimistic about picture speeds. I checked out snooker or similar with the new player and it was pretty awful.
ANGELS15

I use the mobile (android) app a lot. I've noticed recently that their have been a few instances where the video for the race hasn't activated.

Return to “Technology”