Monitor for trading

petardo

Hi all
I would like to ask you to help me get new monitor.
I need to buy a new monitor for trading.What is the optimal size? I got now 19 and looking for bigger. 24 or 27 it`s enough? The prices are nearly same.Was looking for Samsung and LG but I don`t know.Where is good place to buy? Thank you very much for help.
theman73

Not an advice , just one opinion , i use 2 Samsung 22'' , i like Samsung because i know they produce the best flat screens
SilentDave

I always use ebuyer.com, good prices and service has always been good with nice prompt deliveries.
misimiki

I have an LG Flatron W2243 which runs at 1920x1080 and it attached to my laptop. That provides enough real estate to run BA with charts etc, browser with ATR video between the two screens.
gutuami

samsung 2343 or Dell SP2309W
they have a resolution of 2048x1152
of course you can go for LED displays. They are newer and consume less. But as I said I will look for a bigger resolution.
PeterLe

Hi
I have 3 x Samsung 2243 (not LED) and they are good. They connect to the Imac which has an LED screen

I dont know if it is typical, but I found the LED (on the Imac) screen a bit too bright (even on the lowest brightness setting), so would test the LED screen prior to buying if possible?? (the way I got around it on my Imac was to use a free app called shades that allows you to control the brightness by a slider displayed on the screen).

An extra screen is essential imo and well worth a couple of hundred in the long term.

regards
Peter
petardo

I have nvidia 450.It`s have 1 DVI ,1 HDMI and 1 VGA port. Do can I connect 3 monitors in different connections at a one time? I think it`s better buy 2 smaller about 23 than one big.Thank you very much for responses. The current monitor I have is Samsung syncmaster 932mw.It`s good but through DVi i can get only 1440 x 900. What about touch screen?
JollyGreen

I have always used iiyama monitors going back to VisionMaster Pro CRT (huge things) through to the latest LCD monitors.

I have two of these monitors iiyama 24" LCD

On a point of technology there is no such thing as an LED screen, it is just typical hype from the companies that want to sell their new screens. Basically LCD is fine for static images and normal picture/video work on a PC/Mac. On a moving image like HDTV LCD falls behind and suffers from lag which blurs in motion. You will also notice that pictures look like a cartoon no matter how hard you try. This is an inherent failure of LCD because LCD cannot display true black or white and cannot switch on or off quick enough. To help with this they add LED backlighting edge lighting to improve the picture. It also makes the TV slimmer and more energy efficient but is not going to offer any discernible improvement when used on a PC - as PeterLe mentioned, they can look a bit bright.

I use iiyama because their guarantee is excellent. In 20 years I had to replace 2 monitors and they replaced them without a quibble. They sent out a new one, the courier then took the old one away in the new packaging, no fuss no hassle. That alone is worth any extra you may need to pay.
petardo

I`m going for this Samsung XL2370HD It`s LED.There is the only monitor version as well Samsung XL2370. By the reviews and forum is one of the best. The only problem is that it`s UK version now out of stock in the normal price.You can get only Germany version with the adapter.The UK versions are round 40£ expensive with other sellers.I`m going soon on holiday anyway.I will wait.
CaerMyrddin

I have two of those and they are just fine, although a bit bright.
superfrank

Eizo make fab monitors - their main market is graphic design etc. which are expensive but they also do a more standard range (great value because essentially you get the same quality build and technology but without the colour calibration stuff for designers). my 2nd monitor is an Eizo and it's the nuts.

this is a new 27" model 2560 x 1440 (16:9 aspect ratio) that i recommended for a friend... http://www.eizo.com/global/products/fle ... index.html

http://www.jigsaw24.com/eizo%2027%20inc ... duct/12600

Return to “Technology”