Bet Angel trader's desks & setup's

andyfuller

Thanks for the replies. I have had a quick look at the Phillips lights and will have more of a look later.

They are not cheap but have some good features but I am not sure they would be used much in my office, so I think I will opt for a normal bulb in my office but might consider them for elsewhere in the house.

You say that you are disappointed with the brightness of your LED bulbs in your office, what are their specs? It sounds like you haven't got enough Lumen.

Tuco - The LCD's are 23" and are not made any more unfortunately but I have quite a stack of spares in my loft for when they stop working which has happened to one to date.
Groovyelms

Hi All, I'm thinking about getting a new office chair, which needs to be compact and well designed, any of you guys have any thoughts on fav makes/models of chairs?

cheers Groovy
marksmeets302

Interstuhl makes great chairs in my opinion. They're not cheap, but with a little negotiation you can get the price down.
PeterLe

I think a good chair is very important; if you dont feel comfortable, then it can lead to loss of concentration.
I decided to buy a new chair a few years ago and had had a good month on betfair.
I ended up buying a Herman Miller Aeron. I had used them before when i was office based and wanted something that would last. Although I looked, i couldnt find anything that came close (that had a price differntial)
I bought a second hand one off ebay about 550 I think and dont regret it now, although at the time it seemed a lot to pay. When i think about it; when i bought my current car I got the upgraded seats and they cost a lot more that 550 and Im probably only in the car 10% of the time that Im sitting in the office chair, so is it really a lot to pay?
Regards
Peter
Groovyelms

marksmeets302 wrote:Interstuhl makes great chairs in my opinion. They're not cheap, but with a little negotiation you can get the price down.
hey thanks for the tip

cheers Groovy
andyfuller

I agree with PeterLe - see it as a health investment.

The three places most people spend the vast majority of their time are, in bed, at a desk and on a sofa. So it is worth spending quite a bit of money on these three areas.

I bought my chair from BOF: http://www.bof.co.uk/

I also bought a chair for my father from them. Both chairs were bought from their sale section which is normally end of line items and you can get massive discounts but obviously available stock varies.

It is also worth considering a foot rest as this can help posture a lot as well.

There is a lot of information on setting your seat etc up correctly on the internet. You should also consider things like screen height.
Groovyelms

Hi All and thanks to all for such informed replies.. I bought a new chair about 2yrs ago from Rymans and its literally falling to pieces :( , so investng in something really good quality makes alot of sense I feel..cheers Groovy..
andyfuller

An interesting article:

The health hazards of sitting:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/g/p ... tting/750/
LinusP

Thought I would give this thread a bump, 13" MBP with two dell ultrasharps and an overpriced tablet.
IMG_0488.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kerberus

Anybody got any of these?
from bbc.co.uk :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kerberus

Daft question to start the day off with. :?:

Has anybody found a way of getting Betangel to work with a joystick. :?:

I am one of those rare and wonderful people blessed by God to to be left-handed. I use a right handed mouse out of consideration to the lesser mortals who are condemned to be of the 90% of the sweaty masses who are right handed. (no predujice intended) :roll:
Also, I think it would be more fun. :lol:
There is of course the Health and Efficiency :P angle. The Joystick and mouse combination means I will get twice as much exercise when working/making coffee/working/making more coffee/screaming at late starts/making more coffee - I keep the kettle in the kitchen, it keeps me fit ;)

So suggestions puleeease (sinistrals only, I expect you dextrous types will probably bitch - you're nearly as bad as wimmen wanting to join the golf club.)

Have a good day folks, it's gonna be busy.
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:ugeek:
LeTiss

I have seen for sale an 'Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse', so in appearance it looks like a mini joystick - is that the sort of thing you're after?
kerberus

Thanks for the prompt reply LeTiss, I have a 3M Optical USB Ergonomic Mouse, Wired, 3 Buttons, it's good, but I am of an age that remembers the thrill of Space Invaders. I'm going to "pimp " my copy of Betangel a la Starsky's "Tomato" or Dukes of Hazzards "General Lee". Peter doesn't say "this market is suspended", he says "That's all folks!" -which means it's time for more coffee.
My desk/setup sounds like a warzone if I'm caught in-play :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil::evil: :evil: :evil:

:o :o :o :o :o

Pre off it is merely the sound of gentle sniping, :roll:

I'm aiming for a bomb going off when I :mrgreen:

It's hard work, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:ugeek:
laurencestanley

This is from the Business Insider post someone shared a while ago:

http://static6.businessinsider.com/imag ... e-test.jpg

Made me think... It would be fun to have a clock for each racecourse:

"Catterick"
"Cheltenham"
"Kempton"

etc..
kerberus

You don't need anything fancy to do this just "screen acreage", a comfy chair and a dedication to laziness.

Just old old refurbs
Lenovo ThinkPad X220 12.5-inch Notebook (Intel Core i5 2.5GHz Processor, 4GB DDR3-SD RAM, 320GB HDD, Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit)
Lenovo ThinkPad X230 Intel Core i5-3320M 2.60GHz RAM 8GB HDD 240 GB SSD Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit 2324A39 Grade A 12.5 (Certified Refurbished)
And a
Compaq Presario CQ57 15.6" AMD 10 1.3GHz 6GB RAM WIN10

Monitors(New)
2 of BenQ RL2455HM 24 inch Gaming Monitor for Console e-Sports with 1 ms Response Time, Black eQualizer, Flicker-free, RTS Mode, HDMI x 2, Built-in Speaker

and a
BenQ GL2250 21.5-Inch LCD Monitor - (VGA, DVI-D, 1920 x 1080, 1000:1, 5ms, 250cd/m2)

It's worth the extra for the RL2455's much easier on the eyes.

Apart from the Compaq - all off Amazon. The Compaq works fine - it's my old warhorse. The WIN10 is a disaster - that is going to be switched back to Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit.

I use a -
TRIPLE LCD LED TFT MONITOR DESK STAND MOUNT FREESTANDING FULLY ADJUSTABLE HEAVY DUTY 3 SCREENS 15-24 (Amazon)

Gives me a level screen setup. The laptops fit under the monitors.

I use a desk on my right hand side

MICKE 73x50 cm (IKEA)

With a

PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad - 780x300x3mm XX-Large Size - Extended Water-Resistant Computer Mouse Mat, Non-Slip Rubber Base, Special Treated Textured Weave (Amazon)

Placed at a right angle to

my worktop for frontal work and to fit all this lot

Plain Pearl White laminate kitchen worktop (3m x 600mm x 28mm) (Amazon)

Swivel Chair
TORKEL (IKEA) (for my lazy butt)
TRUST keyboard (TESCO)

And a no-brand mouse (POUNDLAND) (I am not kind to mices - go thru' a lot of em)

All the above can be controlled using - MOUSE WITHOUT BORDERS

THAT IS THE IMPORTANT BIT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Somebody on this forum suggested it. Best piece of advice on the forum. Microsoft garage produce it. Allows the control of up to 4 computers from a single keyboard and mouse.

Worktop means I can work at one end and eat at the other. I make sure I get plenty of excerise by keeping my kettle, toaster and microwave - all (TESCO own-brand) in the kitchen

- along with my George Forman Grill and Russell Hobbs RHTTLF1B Freestanding Table Top Larder Fridge - Black : (also TESCO).

Mouse without borders DOES NOT allow me to operate the kitchen stuff from my swivel chair. But I can access everything within 20 paces.

I also have to fetch my own fags and papers. It's a hard life

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
;)

Return to “Technology”