Bet Angel trader's desks & setup's

PeterLe

Hi
Hope you forgive me for this plug...but I'm selling my old setup on Ebay if anyone is looking for a multi-monitor setup

Listed here:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230950692420? ... 1555.l2649

It would be nice if someone was able to get some good use from it
Thanks
Regards
Peter
Thanks for allowing me to list it Peter
andyfuller

If they were 2343's you would have had yourself a deal!

Currently redoing my set up (again)! The standing table will have to wait for some point in the future as now going for a new wall mounted setup.

What are you replacing your setup with Peter?
Euler

I'm still trying to sort out my standing desk. Currenly using my filing cabinets to spend some of the day standing up. Was thinking of stepping up to six monitors in the next upgrade.
LeTiss

Six monitors?......you'll be bossed eyed when I bump into next!
andyfuller

Euler wrote:I'm still trying to sort out my standing desk. Currenly using my filing cabinets to spend some of the day standing up. Was thinking of stepping up to six monitors in the next upgrade.
What resolution are you running at Peter?

I have 4 screens each running at 2048 x 1152 set in a rectangle so get effectively one screen of 4096 x 2304.

Very rarely do I want for more and with the current setup can see all the screens by moving my eyes rather than my head which was something I made a concious effort to get as I found in the past I used to get neck ache after a long day in front of the screens.
PeterLe

andyfuller wrote:If they were 2343's you would have had yourself a deal!

Currently redoing my set up (again)! The standing table will have to wait for some point in the future as now going for a new wall mounted setup.

What are you replacing your setup with Peter?
Hi Andy,
Good to hear from you; hope the Financials are coming on well?
Yes, mine are 2243BW's..Great Monitors

I replaced mine with two Apple cinema screens (I posted a picture a little further back in this thread). I had a good year on Betfair last year so treated myself! Mind you, this year hasn't been as good, so on reflection maybe I should have kept them!! :D

Regards
Peter
Euler

Credit to convoysur who pointed this out on another thread. I fancy one of these: -

http://www.mwelab.com/index.php/en/products
convoysur-2

check out the video it really shows it off..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWdvxjJ_jPY
Groovyelms

convoysur-2 wrote:check out the video it really shows it off..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWdvxjJ_jPY
amazing now that is something...

I hear the lastest version has options for bed, kitchen and jacuzzi :)
redtra

Euler wrote:I'm still trying to sort out my standing desk. Currenly using my filing cabinets to spend some of the day standing up. Was thinking of stepping up to six monitors in the next upgrade.
This may be a very lo-tech idea but could be worth looking into if you don't mind the rustic look!

A couple of years ago I bought a potting bench from B and Q. It's well made, cheap and also makes a good little work bench. It is self assembly, but easy, and made from treated timber...which you could stain. It is designed to stand up to and work comfortably. It is about 900mm high and 500mm wide and 1200mm long. If you bought 2 and had them back to back, the work area table would be 1m x 1.2m...big enough for your sreens and lap top etc....and cheap at £30.

AS I said...lo-tech!
LeTiss

Just out of interest fellas, has there been any analysis carried out on how the human mind works differently, with regards to posture, or standing as opposed to sitting?

I admit, that sitting in front of my laptop for 12 hours a day has given me a bad back, however when I stand or start walking around, I seem to lose focus on what's happening on the screen

I was just wondering if standing desks impact upon concentration?
andyfuller

I did read somewhere that you burn more calories standing by quite a bit but not sure how that impacts on concentration.

I am sure there are studies somewhere though.
Will Sharpe

LT not sure about any evidence for any method compared to the other but if you are suffering from a back problem and prefer to work sitting down I would strongly argue that you should invest in a proper set-up. The difference between using a laptop compared to a proper keyboard and standing screens at a comfortable level for the eyes is huge.

Now you may already be doing that so then I'm barking at the wrong tree but it's just that you said laptop......

... and laptop's are a murder for the back and the neck and the shoulders and the elbows and the......well you get it

An investment in a good workplace pays off pretty fast, it helps you do the job in a professional way :mrgreen:
andyfuller

Have you managed to sort out your setup Peter?

I would be interested to see a video on it when you have it done :)

Just saw this on twitter by a Director at the Science Museum for getting a workout at your desk:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRARZJbCIAEBiw1.jpg:large

Article about it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... ounds.html

There are various articles about it if you google:

"roger highfield desk"
PeterLe

Hi Andy,
Not the Peter it was addressed to but...
Ive ordered a treadmill yesterday..I spend lots of time on conference calls with customers around the world, so I thought Id get some exercise at the same time, Ill post my setup when it arrives later in the week!
Regards
Peter

Return to “Technology”