Betfair trading abroad

PeterLe

As I setup some of my positions for the day, I was thinking how nice it would be if I were doing so, from a nice beachfront villa overlooking the sea sitting outside with a nice coffee!

In the next 7 - 10 years I hope to be retired from my job, but will still be trading (touch wood). I would like to think I would spend as least some of the colder months away from the UK..who knows

Just curious really, but wondered how many of you trade from overseas and wake up to a lovely view each morning?!...and whether trading is your main income

Regards
Peter
PS It looks like its going to be a nice sunny day in Manchester! :D
viper.trader

I'm thinking about moving to cyprus and trading from there. I dont enjoy the uk.
LeTiss

Sitting in the sun, next to the sea

That sounds a far cry from Manchester, Peter!
:D
Euler

I've traded from just about any location you can think off and it's great fun. I tend to holiday in the winter because the summer is so busy, but where ever I've been I'll give it a try.

I had contemplated trading from somewhere in Africa but it was a right pain when South Africa legislated against exchanges. That would have been idea, on the same time zone. Though that could have been a big market.
LeTiss

Didn't we have a thread last year about traders in Tenerife? It appeared there was a few there. Not sure if they come under Spanish jurisdiction though with regards to something like this, but nonetheless I'd fancy that for a few weeks
PeterLe

LeTiss 4pm wrote:Sitting in the sun, next to the sea

That sounds a far cry from Manchester, Peter!
:D
You Southern lads dont know what you are missing up here! :-

I fancy the Almalfi coast!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PeterLe

Well with good connectivity, you really can trade from anywhere..
The son of a friend of mine has a web based business selling fashionable clothes..
he and his girlfriend run the business from a luxury penthouse in Thailand (their rent is ridiculously low, a few hundred a month)...he says that he can run the business equally as well from there as he can from there..and has a lifestyle there that he couldnt have here?
hgodden

Trading from the Caribbean (on horses) and you're finished by lunchtime in the 'winter' :D
Euler

Internet speed isn't really an issue if you use a VPS. You can operate on really poor connections. I had a power outage once in a hotel I was trading from, but I already had a back up and switched to Starbucks just down the road within a few minutes.
Euler

Here is an image of my current remote setup.

Bog standard laptop, displaylink monitor, iPad. The iPad I can use on it's own or as a third monitor (Air display).

I tend to take or buy a keyboard locally as I can type much faster on a full size keyboard. Cup of coffee optional.

Believe it or not, until streaming got to the stage it is now I'd often take a portable Satellite with me as well. But then came the slingbox and now live video so everything I need can fit in a small rucksack.
IMG_3020 - SML.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rubysglory

I like to trade UK races during an Australian Summer, jealous of you guys and dreaming of two foot of snow if it helps ! :)

rg
mbeebee

I cannot believe that the pros, vis a vis, Euler, Peter Le, Mugsgame, the talismanic "Le Tiss" et al, have not considered lobbing over to Australia, particularly at this time of the year, when we are now entering the most profitable time of the Australian Horse Racing season .... Gettyerarses over here and enjoy the surf,sun and myriad opportunities to "make a quid" .. Hope to see you here.

Beebs
PeterLe

mbeebee wrote:I cannot believe that the pros, vis a vis, Euler, Peter Le, Mugsgame, the talismanic "Le Tiss" et al, have not considered lobbing over to Australia, particularly at this time of the year, when we are now entering the most profitable time of the Australian Horse Racing season .... Gettyerarses over here and enjoy the surf,sun and myriad opportunities to "make a quid" .. Hope to see you here.

Beebs
ha ha! Never been to Aus (although my mum and dad were nearly "Ten Pound Poms)..
Too much going on over here to pop down there; family, job etc..but it's on "The List"! :D
mbeebee

OK,Peter .. you're from Manchester and therefore you're either a City or United supporter .. hence your statement " .. there's too much going on over here" ... Let it go, son .. buy business class tickets for you and your family and get over here and you can still watch your football team compete live .. yes! live whilst enjoying the Oz lifestyle .. eh?
mcfc1981

oz.... to many big spiders for my liking :cry:
what would be the ideal country for 7-2 start and finish for trading british horseracing????

Return to “Technology”