Betfair trading abroad

Zenyatta

PeterLe wrote: Beautiful place Edinburgh
For sure. I discovered that the big cities like London and Paris are fun to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. I noticed that it's the slightly less-well known 2nd tier cities that are actually much nicer places (people are friendlier, the quality of living is much higher and its much less expensive too).

So for remote trading, the objective would be to get out of the big cities and enjoy the lifestyle of the smaller cities and towns. Oxford was another of my favourite places in the UK. Great university town!
LeTiss

We are now starting to picture why you had difficulties in making the travelling+trading work, Zenyatta.....it's because you were too busy getting your leg over!
Euler

Nice to here about your travels, It's a shame you never popped into the office.
Zenyatta

Euler wrote:Nice to here about your travels, It's a shame you never popped into the office.
Was going to come, but I'd blown the travel funds a lot faster than I expected. Next time I'm in Europe hopefully.
Zenyatta

LeTiss 4pm wrote:We are now starting to picture why you had difficulties in making the travelling+trading work, Zenyatta.....it's because you were too busy getting your leg over!
ha, ha, well, there is some truth to that, but seriously, I did find its very difficult to do sight-seeing whilst trying to do trading at the same time.

Travelling around visiting another town or city every few days, your brain is over-stimulated (its sort of like your brain is on speed, because you are seeing new sights all the time) and in addition you are distracted by checking in and out of hostels/hotels, moving through train stations and airports, and hunting around in an unfamiliar settings/times for reliable internet streams and so on. Poor trading decisions are going to be made under these circumstances.

I think an automated trading system is probably the best for travel.
burdo77

Believe it or not, until streaming got to the stage it is now I'd often take a portable Satellite with me as well. But then came the slingbox and now live video so everything I need can fit in a small rucksack.
In reply to EULERS commnent earlier on. iv noticed that there are many apps to control your home computer remotely, what would be the that advantage of using a slingbox over an app?

Return to “Technology”