Betfair trading abroad

Euler

Are you coming back to London at some point. We are not far outside London so you should pop in and see us.
Zenyatta

Euler wrote:Are you coming back to London at some point. We are not far outside London so you should pop in and see us.
I was going to loop back to London and then up to Edinburgh over the Christmas period. So I might call into the BetAngel office 8-)
CaerMyrddin

So here I am, sitting in a fantastic bar in Paris looking out the window at a canal, surrounded by hot chicks
No wine? You embarrass New Zealand! :lol:
Zenyatta

CaerMyrddin wrote:
So here I am, sitting in a fantastic bar in Paris looking out the window at a canal, surrounded by hot chicks
No wine? You embarrass New Zealand! :lol:
Paris is exactly like the movies, amazing beauty and style in parts. The only problem I have with this city is that its filled with French people ;)

I ain't never going back to that 9-5 shit man. It's all women, wine and gambling from now on :D
steven1976

I ain't never going back to that 9-5 shit man. It's all women, wine and gambling from now on :D[/quote]

Story of my life!
actworld

misimiki wrote:I live in Hungary and so far no problems using BF. In actual fact, last year i couldn't use Bettornado for my Ipad as it was country restricted, but it seems now that it isn't and I can now use it here in Budapest. But that is not what I want to comment about. I just downloaded AirDisplay for my Ipad and it rocks!!! What a cool and useful app for a very good price. Thanks Peter for mentioning it on this thread.
Hey misimiki, I don't think we know each other yet, but nice to see someone also situated in BUD with decent English and knowledge about BF. Wanted to drop you a PM, but as I've just registered here I couldn't. Feel free to contact me if you wanna talk horses, football or anything BF related in Budapest. Greetings!
Zenyatta

For a couple of months last year, I tried the trading/travelling lifestyle. I jetted all over Europe, and for 2 glorious months I had a taste of the good life. With VPS, there was no problem trading from anywhere.

I should mention my set-up:

-VPS
-Laptop (Samsung)
-Free Wi-fi (Starbucks), back-up wi-fi: mobile vodem stick with pre-pay net access

At the end of the year, I decided to stay in Edinburgh, Scotland, to concentrate on trading full-time for a couple of weeks. The reception at Caledonian Backpackers where I was staying sent me a new batch of hot girls as room-mates every few days. I was room-mates with a young, nubile French girl from Lyon for whole week :lol:

I made my trading office in Starbucks, Princes Street. World's best Starbucks that... enormous floor-space with plenty of tables, plugs, chairs, and giant ornate windows looking out at Edinburgh castle right opposite. And fast, reliable free wi-fi on the Cloud!

Unfortunately, trading for me still remains expensive entertainment (i.e., not profitable enough to sustain me). With my funds depleted, European winter approaching, and the far-too-tough-for-me winter racing, I had to end the trip and jet back to the sunshine of New Zealand.

From the taste I had of it, I highly recommend it. It would definitely be a fantastic lifestyle, nothing broadens the mind better than travelling, and you could in theory trade from anywhere with the VPS, resulting in the much sought-for ‘location-less income’. I’d love to try it all over again, but I’m probably gonna have to win the lottery again to do it ;)

(pic below: the view from my ‘office’ in Edinburgh, Princes Street Starbucks, Dec, ‘12)

PeterLe

Nice Picture; Thats not the Nubile French Girl with the Bobbed haircut is it?? :shock:
Zenyatta

PeterLe wrote:Nice Picture; Thats not the Nubile French Girl with the Bobbed haircut is it?? :shock:

ha, ha, no thats some random Starbucks customer I would describe as.. er... the opposite.

Look out the big ornate window, you can just make-out Edinburgh castle. Great Starbucks. One of the few I've found that has continously fast, reliable free wi-fi.
PeterLe

Ha ha Only Joking! :D Beautiful place Edinburgh
Zenyatta

PeterLe wrote: Beautiful place Edinburgh
For sure. I discovered that the big cities like London and Paris are fun to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. I noticed that it's the slightly less-well known 2nd tier cities that are actually much nicer places (people are friendlier, the quality of living is much higher and its much less expensive too).

So for remote trading, the objective would be to get out of the big cities and enjoy the lifestyle of the smaller cities and towns. Oxford was another of my favourite places in the UK. Great university town!
LeTiss

We are now starting to picture why you had difficulties in making the travelling+trading work, Zenyatta.....it's because you were too busy getting your leg over!
Euler

Nice to here about your travels, It's a shame you never popped into the office.
Zenyatta

Euler wrote:Nice to here about your travels, It's a shame you never popped into the office.
Was going to come, but I'd blown the travel funds a lot faster than I expected. Next time I'm in Europe hopefully.
Zenyatta

LeTiss 4pm wrote:We are now starting to picture why you had difficulties in making the travelling+trading work, Zenyatta.....it's because you were too busy getting your leg over!
ha, ha, well, there is some truth to that, but seriously, I did find its very difficult to do sight-seeing whilst trying to do trading at the same time.

Travelling around visiting another town or city every few days, your brain is over-stimulated (its sort of like your brain is on speed, because you are seeing new sights all the time) and in addition you are distracted by checking in and out of hostels/hotels, moving through train stations and airports, and hunting around in an unfamiliar settings/times for reliable internet streams and so on. Poor trading decisions are going to be made under these circumstances.

I think an automated trading system is probably the best for travel.

Return to “Technology”