no delay coverage australian racing

burdo77

Im wondering if there are any aussies out there that currently have live video streaming of the races at home? I currently have sky racing but it operates much slower than the radio, which is a 2 second delay.
Shamrock

http://www.racingnetwork.com.au/
You can get some of the races here semi live, the same 2 or 3 second delay,
burdo77

Hi there thanks for the reply. There has been alot of debate as if you are able to get a live feed, and i believe you can. I went to the races in perth on saturday to monitor the live odds and couldnt help to notice that the winner was trading at a 1.01 in a close finish. I believe it is imposible for a for a horse to be trading at 1.01 with a 2-3 second delay. I asume some people at home are getting priority signals which are supposed to be for clubs. If anyone knows any sky racing techs that can confirm this it would be appreciated.
Shamrock

Maybe they are doing it from the races. I wouldn't trust any signal, I would want to make sure I was there.
switesh

Quick question for any Aussie traders actively trading the UK racing - do you guys have a way to gain access to live pics from UK? I tried a few IP dodging websites but not much luck without a UK account.

Timeform radio is proving more counter-productive.

The yakety yak of the 'time fillers' on timeform radio drives me nuts. Non stop gabbing and very little commentating on what actually happening on course. They ought to shove a dozen carrots in their mouth.
Seymour

No luck there Switesh. I have also gone rummaging through dodgy sites that promise live video of UK racing. :?
burdo77

no such luck, i have a 4-5 second delay though ozbet. I tend to listen to timeform with vid playing in the background.
poipoi

The only way to avoid the delay is watching the races on an analogue signal such as Channel 7 when they cover the carnivals.

Also, you can listen to the races on RSN through a transistor radio which has no delay, because this is also an analogue signal.

Anything through a digital signal will have some sort of delay i.e. Sky Channel, TVN and anything via the web or an app.

Good luck, P
Euler

I listen to sky sports radio and that tends to coincide with the off to a fraction of a second.
Last edited by Euler on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
switesh

Sky sports radio is about 15 seconds late via internet. So is StanJames.

Got caught bad in-play in the very first race today. Bit stuck trying to find something relible.
Euler

I was talking AUS radio?

Can you sign up with Betdaq but with a UK address?
switesh

Oh yes, Sky radio is definitely best for Aus racing. I use it.

Here's the url in-case anyone's interested.
http://www.skyracing.com.au/index.php?c ... =121&id=97

--------------------------------------------------------

When I signed on with BDQ (before they withdrew from most countries) they verified my Licence, Credit Card and Physical Address over the phone.

Using UK address would be no problem but it's the phone call and identity verification that I'm thinking about.

Return to “Technology”