Graphics Tablets

andyfuller

Does anyone have any experience of using a Graphics Tablet?

I am considering one for partial use in non graphics work, such as Word, Internet, Access, Excel etc. but also some graphics work I guess you could class it as: For example using it to draw on and make notes on charts that have been screen grabbed.

Something along the lines of:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wacom-Bamboo-To ... ics+tablet

TIA.
switesh

I bought a Havon tablet in 2005 and have used it since then for graphic work in Multimedia (my day job). It works perfectly fine for small artwork related jobs and general use.

The one you're looking at is higher spec than mine so it'll cover your needs comfortably.

Don't use it for trading though ;) (you'll soon find out why, if you do)
andyfuller

Thanks for the info - I don't envisage using it for trading. Is the problem that you can lean on it and place orders by mistake?

Do you know if it would be good for making written notes on screen gabs? Or does the handwriting not really work?
switesh

Works fine for hand-written notes, scribbling, doodling.

You lose speed placing orders with trading, also your forearm has to make a much broader movement to cover the same screen area than a slide of mouse could cover with a slight nudge.

It doesn't quite keep with execution speed with keyboard shortcut + mouse combo.

Return to “Technology”