live trading from australia

cookie

hi guys,

wildy is exactly right, vps is needed and then an overseas account.

i didnt trade the collingwood game.. but just finished the gws game.. unreal result especially laying from 1.06!

p.s also use 3rd party to fund and withdraw from account :-)
jmcole

As an experiment I placed inplay bets on the NBA whilst I was overseas in Fiji (Dec 2012) and Singapore (last month). I only have one account, it has an Australian address and I was using local (hotel) wi-fi. The bets were accepted without any issue.
I have heard that there are people living in Australia who are using a VPS based in Singapore to allow them to bet inplay. My understanding is that it is based on where the bet originates from rather than your address, but obviously suspicions might be raised if you have an Australian address and all of your betting is from an overseas IP over an extended period.
Shamrock

When I go to Bali I send an email to Betfair with my itinerary attached and ask for my restrictions to be removed and they always do it as the bets are not getting placed in Australia.
I have an account with Matchbook which is in AUD and has no inplay issues, while the volumn is not as good as Betfair it is getting better, as long as you are happy to give one point up it will get matched pretty quick. To me this is a fair trade to 3 mins on the phone.

Return to “Technology”