Hidden bet placement

burdo77

This post was inspired by the fracsoft swarm elite software which claims it can execute 'hidden bet placement', can someone plz clarify what this is?
LinusP

I am not sure exactly how it works but I assume that if you wanted 1k matched it places a bet of say £20 and then as that gets taken it continues to add to it so it is always a £20 bet until you get the full £1k matched.

Has the benefit of not spooking the market, not sure if it would work but you could do something in BA excel.
burdo77

Thanks for your reply linus, i feel it would be benificial for those who like to engineer 2,3 tick movements... thoughts??
PeterLe

My interpretation of "Hidden bet".
Assume a client of Fracsoft wants a large back bet submitting. They could either create a drip feed like you say, or lay the rest of the field.
I think the latter might count as a hidden bet? Its less easy to see (but not invisible granted)
Regards
Peter

PS I dont know what the elite software does, but I can't see how it is any better than Betangel given the 1 second delay imposed by betfair? :?
Anyone got any knowledge of it?
Euler

Probably an iceberg order: -

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/icebergorder.asp

I'm aware of the software and they charge a lot for it, but I haven't seen anything that isn't available in mainstream software. Obviously it's critical for my living that Bet Angel operates as best it can and I'm confident is does that.
kelpie

Nothing new here.

Traders have to split up their orders in trading exchanges. It's a major, MAJOR, difference between trading exchanges and true exchanges

Bet Angel can handle this as well as any software, it's driven by trader expertise not the software
marko236

Alot of traders like to hide what there doing, i don't because when i put my money on show i feel it pulls traders in to try and take my money.

And then the battle begins :D
kelpie

marko236 wrote:Alot of traders like to hide what there doing
Agree.

Whenever I see people this I know the trader aint real beef. If there's a serious exchange happening nobody needs to hide anything.
marko236

I kinda like the fact that theres trickster and back stabbers in the market.

Theres good traders and bad back stabbing ones :D

I think it's good for an exchange to have all different types.

At the end of the day if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen.
burdo77

If is labelled as a seperate feature than 'ice burg'

From there website....

Rapid placement of bet after inplay
Automatic replacement of bet after suspend events or invalidation
Hidden bet placement
"Iceberg" or large bet feeding
Automatic bet reversal upon various criteria
Timed cancellation
Ultra rapid "Fill-kill" functionality with several variations
Rinoa

From fractsoft's site - "Because of the competitive edge SWARM can offer, we have agreed with our existing customers to limit the levels at which it is released to the marketplace."

Yeah right. We'll believe you. :lol:

Return to “Technology”