Multiple Monitors

marksmeets302

Please let us know how that works out for you. I'm very interested.
gutuami

the best solution for me in the end:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIPLE-3-LCD- ... 4adc516226

only the monitors stand in portrait mode. It's like having an adjustable curved monitor.

by the way recommended seller.
marksmeets302

Very nice, and a great price. You use them in portrait mode to be fit bigger screens?
gutuami

23" screens samsung2343 1152x2048
3 monitors res = 3456x2048
and the stand is great for curving the picture and bring closer extremities. If you install them landscape as they show in the picture you would need binoculars for corners :lol: beside that when landscape they don't curve that much. So 3 portrait or 2 portrait and one landscape are the best options. you would need longer cables too.
dot pitch is 0.249mm. Anything lower than that comes up too small.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot_pitch
andyfuller

Do you know of anywhere that sells these screens still?
gutuami

take into consideration that they have only VGA ports. Connecting it to and HDMI or DVI port you would need an adapter. BUT some DVI/HDMI ports support only up to 1920x1200 resolutions.
andyfuller

Thanks for that - I have several of the screens already, I use 4 in my set up but like to have a stock of replacement screens as they are no longer made. I have one that has failed that I need to find someone to fix as I am sure it can be.

I really like their high resolution, it is like having 2 screens in one, so it is like I have 8 screens, though I tend to use just my bottom two screens most of the time.

I also like the fact they have a very small bevel edge around them so it is possible to get them really close to each other.

Its a real shame Samsung stopped making them.
bennyboy351

Hi guys. A newbie here!

I'm looking at going the way of multi-monitors and to that end I've been poking around the 'Net a bit.

I'm not very tech-savvy and so a 'turnkey' setup would suit me best. I've been looking on this site http://www.multiplemonitors.co.uk/ and they seem to provide all one needs, BUT, is it at an inflated price/with whistles and bells that are not needed?

I don't want people to reply and slag off the company. If they are good, great. If - and you have experience of this - they fall short of home/local shop builds, I'd appreciate some feedback.

I hope someone out there can offer a bit of help to this old newbie? But if not, well, thanks for looking anyway. :D
LeTiss

I used multiple monitors bennyboy

They custom built my computer, with the exact specifications I asked for.

It arrived quickly and the service is bloody brilliant, excellent little company
andyfuller

I can recommend YoYo Tech they used to have a store in central London but on checking their website they now seem only based online.

I got my trading PC built by them a few years back thanks to a lot of advice from members on here. They did a fantastic job of building it and delivering it.

An alternative thing I often recommend is find a computer mad teenager that lives locally and offer them £100 to sort it all out for you.
Euler

I bought a couple of things from them and have been very happy,

You can configure your own, but it seems easier to get somebody else to do it, properly!
bennyboy351

Hi there,
Thanks for the reply.

My apologies for the delay in acknowledging your feedback. Life gets in the way sometimes......

Cheers. :D

Return to “Technology”